Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simtalk

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello Community Members,

I am going through the basic of SimTalk and I learned that variables are defined between ''is and do'' and source code is written between ''do and end''. But in some methods there is something written before''is''

For e.g. (attrib : string; value : any)

What does this stand for and why are they needed ?

Regards,

Niks

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Simtalk

Legend
Legend

Hi @Niks2

is and do used in simtalk1 but simtalk2 , no need to write is and do..check difference between simtalk 1 and 2 in the help file ...

We can defined var between is and do..Like(Simtalk 1)

is

a: integer;

b: integer/string/anything--(Datatype);

do

--------some code

end;

----------------------In simtalk 2

var a: integer;

var b: integer/string/anything--(Datatype)

-----------

Answer for your second question:

before is and do, they are defined param which gives value of previous method.. like (insimtalk1)

here you will get value of v1 and v2 from previous method(in the form of integer) and name as form of string...

For Simtalk1

(v1,v2:integer; name:string)

is

do

end;

--------------------

For simtalk 2:

param v1,v2: integer, name: string

Re: Simtalk

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

you mix SimTalk (1.0) and SimTalk 2.0.

starting from V 12.0 (I don't remember exactly) SimTalk 2.0 was introduced, because of it's ease of use. 

there is no reason at all to stick on it and I strongly recommend only to focus on 2.0, which is set as default here:

2018-08-30 14_35_04-Value Added.spp - Tecnomatix Plant Simulation 14.1 - .Models.Frame.Drain.endSim.pngas soon as you see a is-do-end you'll know it's SimTalk (1.0) and can be translated by just pressing the button shown above.

By Shift-RightClick on the Basis of the Class Library and selecting the option below, you'll be able to translate any old code at once.

2018-08-30 14_37_35-Value Added.spp - Tecnomatix Plant Simulation 14.1 - .Models.Frame.Drain.endSim.png

Regards

Always consider using the AttributeExplorer!