cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation for 500 parts

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi all...

I have 500+ parts, their daily consumption rate and the inventory details.

I want to buid a model based on this and want to run it for 6 months.

What is the best way to build such a model so that i can keep track of the inventory ??

Should i create 500+ MUs or is there  a better way, Please suggest..

Thanks & Regards,

ABHIRATH

2 REPLIES

Re: Simulation for 500 parts

Genius
Genius

Hello Abhirath,

I will try to explain the different level of modeling with the help of below image. lets take an example of water bottle manufacturing unit.

A machine which is capable of filling water to an empty bottle & club 6 filled water bottle to a Carton.

Then 8 Carton is palletized to a pallet

Then this Pallet is transported to the warehouse

We can model this scenario in following ways,

1. Part level modelling:

If we model in this way, the source will have to produce 6*8= 48 parts & 8 cartons & 1 pallet.

So in total the model will have 48+8+1 = 57 MU's. which makes the simulation slower.

2. Carton level modelling:

If we model in this way, the source will have to produce 1*8=8 Cartons & 1 pallet.

So in total the model will have 8+1 = 9 MU's. which makes the simulation faster. (Assumption: Inter arrival time of Carton = cycle time of producing a carton)

3. Pallet level modelling:

If we model in this way, the source will have to produce 1*1=1 Pallet.

So in total the model will have 1 MU's. which makes the simulation more faster. (Assumption: Inter arrival time of Pallet = cycle time of producing a pallet)

level of modelling image.PNG

To conclude, more the MU's in your model; more simulation time is required (Slow model)

So all level of modelling is possible but you have to decide which level of modelling is Feasible for your project or study.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Abhilash Sridhar
Mercedes Benz R&D India, Daimler AG

Re: Simulation for 500 parts

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks Abhilash for the reply..

But in my simulation i dont have any machines or a production line to go with the methods suggested by you.

I have 500+ parts, their daily consumption, and inventory details,

How best can i create a model in such scenario.

Regards,

ABHIRATH