Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Proc Process Endlessly (Updated 19.10)

Hi All,

I have a problem with my simulation where one of my processors starts processing a part for an endless amount of time for no aparent reason! (I cant find one Smiley Sad)

I've set the simulation up to run for 5 days. It works fine for Monday and Tuesday but the problem occurs on the first part on Wednesday. I've ran the debugger, compared attributes and checked code but cant quite understand what is happening!

If anyone could take a quick look and see if they can see anything wrong it would be greatly appreciated as for the moment I am limited on what I can do!

N.B I have mentioned this problem in another thread which is obselete now but cant find a way to delete it, does anyone know how or if you can? Smiley Happy I dont want to clog up the forum which repeated issues!

Thanks a lot!

Nathan

5 REPLIES

Re: Single Proc Process Endlessly

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Nathan,

your simulation gets stuck because on your lower left assembly station there is not enough capacity to load all the parts the assembly should load onto the main part.

I'll post in your other thread a link to this one.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Thanks for the reply Ralf, you're a constant source of help and I really appreciate it!

I think I was watching the simulation in too fast a view to understand what was happening with the containers and the capacity but your comment has been an enlightenment and now I know where to go with it!

Thank you again,

Nathan

Funnily enough I'm still having problems with this Ralf...

No matter what I do I cannot get the part to process passed Wednesday. I've made sure that the capacities are all right for the containers and the assembly modes are correct Smiley Sad

I would have thought that if it would be a capacity problem then the single processor that preceeds the assembly station would have a blocked status but it appears if the part is just processing forever when there is a space available on the container on the assembly station that succeeds it, and also space on the second assembly station the succeeds the first!

I just cannot find what is blocking the part from being processed and continuing to the next stage!

I have attached model again just for reference if anyone has time to check it. Any help is greatly appreciated as always!

Regards,

Nathan

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Nathan,

it seems that this behavior is really a bug.

The assembly station only checks when a container enters the assembly station if there is enough space for the parts to be assembled.

Since you load an additional part onto the container which has entered the assembly the case that now there is no longer enough space is not handled correctly.

This leads to the effect that the part which is coming from the predecessor station is not entered into the forward blocking list of the assembly.

We will fix this in our next patch which will be released in the coming week.

Right now the only thing you can do is make sure that there is enough space for the parts to be assembled.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Thank you so much again Ralf,

I've literally been going in circles trying to figure out what was causing all this but I really appreciate the time you have taken to look into the problem and also work on a solution for it, thank you!

Kind Regards,

Nathan