Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorter content fail

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

we have a problem with our simulation.

short description of our simulation: we have a sorter and a station six times in a row. One BE moves from sorter 1 to station 6. In our sorter we can switch to sorting styles.

We have a sorter with an own method. In the beginning everything works fine. After around 30 BEs the BE stucks in one of our buffers and don't move to the next station.

When we run the simulation in buffer everything works fine. The buffer Content list starts in row 1.

When we run the simulation in one of the other key figures and we take a look into the sorter content, it doesn't start form row one and the BE stuck in station 3.

Every hint is welcome!

7 REPLIES

Betreff: Sorter content fail

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hello Plantie,

unfortunately I cannot open your model, because you have a non-commercial license and I have a commercial one (and I'm not the only one with this problem here on the forum). Can you post some screenshots of the model and the methods that you wrote and the settings you've chosen for the objects, that may help me/us figure out what the problem might be.

Regards,
Alex

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Alex,

in picture 1 you can see our FIFO which runs with a  buffer, the content list starts from 1. In picture 2 we have for example minimum slack and here we use a sorter but the storter starts at 57 and not from the beginning of the list.

Next to the content list you can see the methods we use in the buffer/sorter.

The question now: Why does the sorter start from 57 and not from 1?

FIFO Plant.jpgMS Plant.jpg

Gears Phenom

Hello Plantie,

a Sorter with capacity C will sort all X of its MUs into the desired sequence and show them on positions [C-X, ... C] of the contentslist like you observed. The first MU in this list is the one with the highest priority and will exit the sorter first (and it can leave, even though its not shown on the "last" position!). So the actual basic behavior of the Sorter is correct, but "why" it does not list the MUs on positions 1..X, I can't say.

I can (only) open your model with a VIEWER-license; EDIT: I can also see that the MUs don't come out of "Lager" (between Station2 and Station3) anymore. But I don't know why it happens :-/

Regards
Alex

Gears Phenom

What code is in Flusssteuerung.BeiUmlagern1 in the Stellplatz-objects and in Flusssteuerung1.BeiUmlagern of the Lager-objects?

Experimenter
Experimenter

method  Flusssteuerung1.BeiUmlagern1:

-> integer

-- @ ist das BE

var r:integer
-- Wenn die Bearbeitungsstation bearbeitet wird, wird die Auftragssteuerung angewendet ansonsten Nachfolger 8

if @.BZeitstat1>0 and @.aktuelle_Station=1 then
r:=@.Auftragssteuerung;
elseif @.Bzeitstat2>0 and @.aktuelle_Station=2 then
elseif @.Bzeitstat3>0 and @.aktuelle_Station=3 then
elseif @.Bzeitstat4>0 and @.aktuelle_Station=4 then
elseif @.Bzeitstat5>0 and @.aktuelle_Station=5 then
elseif @.Bzeitstat6>0 and @.aktuelle_Station=6 then
else
r:=8;
end

return r

Currently we are not using Flusssteuerung.BeiUmlagern1 but the method because we had the problem hat the orders stuck between station 2 and 3.

-> integer

-- @ ist das BE
var r:integer
if root.Auftragssteuerung=1 then
r:=1;
elseif root.Auftragssteuerung=2 then
r:=2;
elseif root.Auftragssteuerung=3 then
r:=3;
elseif root.Auftragssteuerung=4 then
r:=4;
elseif root.Auftragssteuerung=5 then
r:=5;
elseif root.Auftragssteuerung=6 then
r:=6;
elseif root.Auftragssteuerung=7 then
r:=7;
elseif root.Auftragssteuerung=8 then
r:=8;

end

Experimenter
Experimenter

Add: Here you can see our current model. We solved the stuck with a workaround.  We added a station and use the method in "Flusssteuerung.BeiUmlagern1"  and now the orders dont stuck between station 2 and 3.   Flusssteuerung1.BeiUmlagern1 didn't work in our previous model. But here we also have the issue that the sorter content doesn't start in line 1

Plant simulation.jpg

Gears Phenom

Hi Plantie,

1) good to hear (I suspected that it was problematic to have 2 FlowControls directly connected like in your model, but I was not sure)

2) like I said earlier, it's no problem that the ContentsList of the Sorter does not start at Position 1, it's just a little strange, so don't worry Smiley Wink

Regards,
Alex