Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Control Help

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

I have a source outputting only one type of product, but would like it to work in the following specific way:

The Source produces a set amount of product to a buffer (Buffer 1). The process (Process 1) after the buffer (Buffer 1) pulls product from the buffer until the buffer is empty. Once the buffer is empty, the Source should wait 30 minutes before producing a new mount of product for the buffer. When the source produces product to the buffer, it should be one large amount moving into the buffer at once, so from one time step to the next in the simulation it should be able to go from 0 in the buffer to, say, 500 in the buffer.

This seems like a very easy task but I am a beginner. How would this be possible to do? I am using Plant Simulation v11.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES

Re: Source Control Help

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi ET-Boys,

an easy solution would be to not use a source at all and just create the wanted parts in the exit control of the buffer.

If you put the following code in the exit control (make it rear triggered so the MU has left the buffer when the control is called.) of your buffer once the buffer is empty new parts are created:

is
do
  if ?.Empty then
    wait 60; -- Wait 60 seconds before creating new parts
    for local i := 1 to 50 loop
      .MUs.Entity.create(?);
    next;
  end;
end;

In addition you should create an initial content for your buffer in the Init control. Otherwise no parts will leave your buffer, so no new parts are created.

Regards,

Ralf

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Re: Source Control Help

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thank you RalfTobel! This solution worked well. It is a very simple implementation but difficult when starting out with SimTalk Smiley Happy