Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source - Percentage Build Schedule

Creator
Creator

I'm currently using the Percentage Option for my Source from a build schedule.

I have inputted the % and the # to create each time.  It is creating certain parts more often then others.

ie.  I need a part 6% of the time, but the model creates it 23% of the time.   I have over 229 part numbers and need it to randomly select the build based on the %.  I would assumed it would have kept the number closer to the inputted and not as high as soon.

Note I'm also running the model over 237 days so there should be plenty of time to run all the necessary parts since it is over producing several of them.

Recommendations on how to better simulate a build schedule of this type

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Source - Percentage Build Schedule

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I cannot reproduce this behavior. Which version of Plant Simulation do you use?

It would be helpful if you could upload a model that shows the strange behavior.

If you activate the checkbox "Creation table" on the "Statistics" tab of the Source, you can see the history of the created MUs. Maybe this will help you to understand what the Source is doing.

Creator
Creator

We are building the model in 11 TR3

Attached is our current model.

Siemens Phenom

Only Containers enter the Drain, so the Drain counts only these Containers (which are all named PartXYZ). The Drain does not count the Entities that are loaded onto the Containers.

On the tab "Statistics" of the Source "Parts" you can see that it created 2301 MUs (Entities). On the tab "Statistics" of the Drain you can see that it deleted only 534 MUs (Containers).

I believe that it is correct that more than 20% of the deleted Containers are named "Part6", because these Containers contain only a single Entity named "Part6". Other Containers contain multiple Entities, so fewer of these Containers will be created (and therefore deleted in the Drain).

Creator
Creator
The total number of parts might be in the ballpark, but the split of the parts is what is an issue.

In my build schedule I have the percentage of times I need each of the parts to be called and created and put into a container. The issue is some parts for bring called more than their % of time and not allowing others to be called at all.

Siemens Phenom

I don't quite understand what you are trying to tell me.

I inserted a dismantle station before the Drain and move all the Containers to ContainerDrain and all Entities to PartDrain. In the PartDrain you can see that the type statistics table shows the expected distribution of the parts.