Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Problem

Creator
Creator

Hi!

I'm stuck with the weirdest problem. Below is a part of my model, which generates a mix of unique MUs from the source "Articles". The source "Containers" generate a single container and the MUs are attached to the container at the "assembly" and moved to the store. The source "Articles" produces MUs based on a tablefile, which contains the MUs' path and the amount. Below are the settings for the source. The problem is that the "article" source works just fine at the beginning of the simulation, but stops producing MUs after a while. The source "articles" then has the new correct MU-path and correct amount, but doesn't start producing. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?   

If something is unclear, please just ask and I will try to explain. 

//Paulsson7

model.jpg

source.jpg

12 REPLIES

Re: Source Problem

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi Paulsson7,

Your source is configured to produce 21 units at the start of the simulation. To continuously create a mix you need to change the Time of creation and MU Selection parameters.

Regards,

Gert

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Creator
Creator

Hi Gert!

The source is producing according to the attached tablefile via a method. The source's settings are configurated each time a new MUs is about to be produced. This works fine for a couple of rows in the tablefile, but then suddently stops without any error message.

Regards,

Paulsson7

table.jpg

Solution Partner Phenom

Please try "Interval adjustable" for the Time of creation parameter. Now you have it set to produce only 21 MUs, but you probably want a long stream of MUs..

In addition you could change to "Sequence" for the MU Selection parameter. There you need to refer to your tablefile (slightly adjusted format needed).

I suspect there is quite some room to simplify your model.

Gert Nomden
cardsplmsolutions.com

Creator
Creator

Now I've tried the "Interval adjustable" for time of creation parameter and the "sequence" for the MU selection parameter. It works as long as I doesn't change the tablefile during the simulation. The things is that the tablefile represents orders, which are to be produced during the day and these order are to be update once every day, hence I need to change the tablefile during the simulation. 

Solution Partner Phenom

Ok, I think I get your point. Generally it is not so wise to make changes during the simulation run. At this moment I think there the following is the most workable solution:

Select "Delivery table" for Time of creation. You need a table that is similar to the one you have. It has the following columns: Delivery Time (day in your case), MU, Number, Name, Attributes. This should work if you know what to produce per day in advance.

If it does not work I have another card up my sleeve...

Gert Nomden
cardsplmsolutions.com

Creator
Creator

That solution sounds implementable, however there's one problem. I'll know what to produce each day, but I wont know in which order to produce. If you look at my tablefile again the MU, which ends with 24, is the "child" of the MU, which ends with 23, hence 24 needs to be produced before 23. Because of this dependency between the MUs, I need to change the production order frequently.

Sorry for the complexity. 

Solution Partner Phenom

Isn't this a simple sorting problem?

Say you have the production/release dates for the products and some product code, would it work if the table were sorted by date first and then by product name?

Gert Nomden
cardsplmsolutions.com

Creator
Creator

Yes it is, however in my model I want to have multiple workstations doing about the same procedure, but different MUs (e.g. children and parents). Every table will be sorted, but still have to be able to wait, becouse another station isn't done yet. 

Here is the algoritm that I want to use for every work station. 

1. Try to produce next MU in table.

2. If MU has children, controll that enough children exist in storage.

3. If not, wait with production of MU, produce next MU in table and start over from 1. 

4. If enough or no children, produce MU.

5. Put MU in storage.

6. repeat until no more MUs in table.

Due to point 3, we need to be able to alter the production sequence.

Creator
Creator

The problem is solved! The reason why the source stops producing MUs is because I don't change the amount of MUs to be produced between times.