Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source output alternating entities up to a certain number

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to set my source up so that it will output a number of different entities with different attributes. I want it to alternate between 2 sets of entities, but only output 32 of them each, then move on to another 2 sets of entities.

I got pretty close by setting the source to Number Adjustable in Time of creation and setting the amount to 64 (32 for each set of entities) then putting sequence cyclical as the MU selection and set up a tablefile for the table. I then checked the Generate as batch option.

Finally, a screenshot of my table is attached.

As I said, this got me close. The issue is I cannot have it create any more parts after the initial run. Any ideas?

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: Source output alternating entities up to a certain number

Phenom
Phenom
I think the set "number adjustable" is limiting the
the mu creation

switch to "interval adjustable"

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
You're correct, but to some degree I want it to. I want it to be able to do multiple "orders" of 32. So I want it to output 32 of entity 1 and 32 of entity 2, but have each of those alternating.

So, the output order would be: entity 1, entity 2, entity 1..... until 32 of each entity had been produced. I want it to stop at 32, but then be able to do another set with different attributes or maybe different entity's.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Well, the Help-pages are very clear about how to configure the Source object, so you should definitely read those.

In the column MU you can fill the MU-classes of your choice, the batch-size in the Number column, and a nested list with relevant attributes in the column Attribute. You can also copy those nested tables. If you select Sequence, then the MUs will be generated once. The total number generated equals the sum of the column Number.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yes I am aware. I have looked through the help pages extensively.

Your solution is the first thing I tried. It does not achieve what I am looking for though. If it enter the batch-size in the number column for both entity's then it produces the entire batch of the first entity first, then produces the entire batch of the second entity.

This is not what I am trying to do. I am attempting to have it alternate between the two entities as it produces both batches