Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source stops producing entities

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello everyone,

Here is an issue I want to put infront of you all. On a moving conveyor there are 6 workstations incorporated and what actually happens in my simulation model that a buffer starts occuring infront of workstations. 

I want such programming of either assembly conveyor or workstaion that if buffers start to occur infront of workstation then source should stop producing entities.

2 REPLIES

Re: Source stops producing entities

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

I suggest, you calculate the out-/ input of the predecessor-/ successor stations through:

predecessor_station. statNumOut

and

successor_station.statNumIn

The delta is the count of Mus eventually queueing up in front of the successor station.

To keep programming effort low, you should use an indexed table-object  with an object index for the

stations you want to monitor and a generator object with a method that loops through the table to gather all  dedicated station( table index) data (statNumIn / statOutIn) and then computes the deltas.

Depending on the computed deltas,  the method can decide to switch on/- off the Mu source.

Please keep in mind, that the statistical data  ( eg statNum..) will be reset if you set eventcontroller.startstat > 0

Re: Source stops producing entities

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hi Simulator,

I am sorry, I have not got your words properly. Kindly demonstrate for my convenience.

Thank You