Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source - truck arrival in a container terminal

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I have a problem setting truck arrival interval and numbers in a container terminal within 24 hours. According to the hour table I have, from 00:00 to 13:00, the number of trucks arrive in the container terminal increases every hour, from 13:00 to 14:00, the number reaches the peak, and afterwards it decreases. I think it's poisson distribution. Do you maybe have an idea how shoud I set the source interval and number?

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you!!!

6 REPLIES

Re: Source - truck arrival in a container terminal

Phenom
Phenom

why not use a delivery table (table object) for the source object

to insert your delivery dates ?

Unbenannt.png

Experimenter
Experimenter

Using delivery table is a hug task for me, because there are 1912 trucks arriving in the terminal in one day. Besides, the stochasticity cannot be presented via delivery table. Smiley Sad

Phenom
Phenom

O.K.

Then how about using the Data fit tool from the  statistical tool library (s.b.)

Unbenannt.png

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Please check the settings of the source and consider Source/Statistics/CreationTable to proof whether the parameters (frequency and number) you enter in the TableFile will fit to your needs. "Generate as batch" will also influence the way the transporters appear.

Regards

Always consider using the AttributeExplorer!

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you for your reply. But how do I define it with the source? 

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hello Camilla,

maybe you should check another thread by StevieG (Link), where I posted a solution that uses a trigger+singleproc to handle interval-based arriving-rates. (we switched to German at some point, sorry Smiley Wink )

However, note that there may not be exactly 1912 trucks at the end of the day, when you actually want stochastic truck-arrivals.

The source produces parts without interarrival-times; the singleproc handles interarrival-times and the specific time between 2 parts is set by the trigger differently for each time-interval.

Here is the basic input for the trigger:

grafik.png

And here the example result:

grafik.png

I've attached the example-model again.

Best Regards,
Alex

PS: Another idea would be to fill the delivery-table with specific truck-arrivals based on your arrival-rates at simulation start automatically with a method. So you only define the intervals and arrival-rates and genereate the delivery-table from those parameters.