Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Control on Lines - how to have different speeds on different segments in same line object

Pioneer
Pioneer

I have a long line object having curves and straight  paths, I require different speed on straight path and different speed on curved path but i cannot break the segments. What should I do

As a whole I want that different speeds should be allowed on a line segment either by using sensors.

I have no idea how to do it..can some please explain

2 REPLIES

Re: Speed Control on Lines - how to have different speeds on different segments in same line object

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

The Line object offers a single speed that applies to all MUs that are located on it. Therefore you should split the line into separate segments (instances), I see no other way to realize your goal.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Betreff: Speed Control on Lines - how to have different speeds on different segments in same line ob

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

If - for whatever reason - you cannot build the line with different segments, the only other way I see is to use transporters on tracks. Each transporter can have its own speed. You can set the speed changes via sensors on the track.

In fact, it is also in reality the only way to realize different speeds on a single lane. Otherwise you need different drives - and therefore have different segments which you need to reflect then in the simulation model with different line objects connected to a system.