Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stagnating elements and landscape (background)

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello everybody!

My MUs stagnate on the conveyors Verteilen_1 and Verteilen_2 (e.g. at simulation time 11:00:00 or 12:00:00) as well as on Verteilen_3 and Verteilen_4 the whole time. Why don't they move as fluently as on Zusammenführen_1 and Zusammenführen_2 (please have a look at the attached video)? Furthermore, the MUs sometimes overlap when they go from Puffer2 over Verteilerassistent to Verteilen_1 or Verteiler_2, sometimes not. And this only happens in the 2D mode. However, they should never overlap at any time!

Moreover, I'd like to add a city landscape to my model as background in the 3D mode. How can I do that? I don't find the right commands...

Best regards,

Markus

4 REPLIES

Re: Stagnating elements and landscape (background)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello M_W,

I was not able to reproduce the descripted behavior.

There were also no differences between the first version of Plant Simulation 11 and the current Plant Simulation 11 and with or without 3D, respectively.

I set the simulation duration to 12:00:00 and observe that 1905 parts passed Verteiler_1/Verteiler_2 and 1893 parts passed Verteiler_3/Verteiler_4.

If you want to see a 3D-picture in the frame of your model you can import a JT-file by the menu Tools > Import Geometry.

For this purpose I recommend to generate a new graphic in the 3D-property dialog tab Graphics.

Regards,

Peter

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello Peter,

thank you. However, this means that I have to create the background myself, right? It's not possible to add some images like a 2D surrounding of google maps...

That's strange that you can't see the error. Have to watched the video? And you don't see the same processes in Plant Simulation? So the MUs don't stir or stutter on these conveyors? And in front of Verteiler_1 and Verteiler_2 they don't overlap?

Best regards,

Markus

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Markus,

the mp4 file shows a short delay due to a recovery time (16 sec) of the object Verteilerassistent. Overlaping MUs are detected by Plant Simulation. If the console shows Debug Output Overlaping MUs are mentioned. That would be an error. Please let us know. Overlaping MUs are not observed in your model. Please check the size of the MUs.

An 2D picure can insert in a 3D frame by the primitive Texture Plate:

MapTexture.jpg

You will get a frame like this:

Texture.jpg

Regards,

Peter

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello Peter,

thank you!

Best regards,

Markus