Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start(Init) a simulation from another frame

Creator
Creator

Hello, 

I have 2 frame, 1 frame with 'Start' button, which I want it to trigger and initialize simulation in another frame.But I have a more than 1 source in my simulation. 

So I want to start spesific source specific line with the buttons from another (main) frame.

Is this structure possible?

5 REPLIES

Re: Start(Init) a simulation from another frame

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Nzhtbk,
in each frame you can start a simulation by the instruction like

.Models.Frame1.eventcontroller.start

It is important that in each Plant Simulation process only one simulation can run.

If you need a result of a simulation in another frame then you must firstly stop the running simulation by

.Models.Frame1.eventcontroller.stop
.Models.Frame2.eventcontroller.start

When the simulation of Frame2 will terminate you can continue the simulation of Frame1.

Regards,

Peter

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Find a model attached. Not truly sure whether this is your need, but hopefully it can help.

Regards

Always consider using the AttributeExplorer!

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
If it is just about suspending a Source object, you can lock its exit or pause it. SimTalk: ExitLocked, Pause

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hello.

For this a sub frame might be useful within your main frame. The event controller will run the frame it is within and all sub frames it finds so a sub frame within your main one will run at the same time as your main frame. Through using the 'Interface' object (found in the material flow folder) you can pass your MU's in and out of the system without any real issues  your sub frame needs to work on the same part flow.

As suggested you can lock the exits of the starts of the areas that you don't want to run, or in this case you could adapt the sub frame to only include the section that you find relevant.

To create the sub frame you can either drag onto the frame from the one you want to run in the class library or you can use the frame object again found within material flow and then rebuild the system within that frame. Working from the existing frame in the class library can lead to confusion at times as the one in your main frame will inherit a lot of its stuff from the one in the class library meaning if you change it there then it will change the sub frame, but any changes to the sub frame will not affect the one in the class library.

JamesM

Creator
Creator

Thank you.

I am able to start multiple sources in a frame with pause on exit control.. Just was not able to run the model from another frame in the library.  

The method is not recognizing the frame that I want to start. 

.Models.Frame2.eventcontroller.start

So I decided to use those buttons in the same frame.