Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start with processing when XX parts arrived

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I need to model an oven, (processing time 6:00 h). You can fit 6 parts into the oven. 

Oven should start with process only if 6 parts from previous station arrived. 

Thank you for the help.

5 REPLIES

Re: Start with processing when XX parts arrived

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

In 14.1 you should use a ParallelStation with the setting Start processing when full.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Experimenter
Experimenter

Could you tell me how to implement this. Do I need to use a methode?

I Use 14.1 in German.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello,

you do not need a method for this in case that you have the version 14.1. This version does include that feature for the Parallel Station, here you can activate a checkbox to get the behavior you described automatically. From what I can now see on the screenshot you attached you don´t have that checkbox, could you check again which version of Plant Simulation you are currently using?

Kind regards,

Igor
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Ingor,

I use 14.0.2...

Could you give me a hint how to implement it, maybe with SimTalk through a method?

Thank you

Lorenz

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

There are other alternatives to implement such a behavior in your version in case you do not require to use the Parallel Station specifically. One alternative approach would be to collect your parts on an Assembly Station beforehand on a container in a batch of six parts. Then you can process that container in a Single Station and afterwards dismantle that container using a Dismantle Station to get your parts back subsequently. Or you also could use a subframe with six Single Stations in it and a "dummy" Station preceding each of those. Then you can first have the parts fill these "dummy" Stations and use and exit control for those Stations. In this exit control you can use a "waituntil" statement or similar constructs so that a part will only exit a "dummy" Station once all other "dummy" Stations are filled. This way you would also achieve a synchronous processing of your parts in a batch like manner. 

Kind regards,

Igor
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution