Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statistics without buffer

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Team,

I am trying to get an adequate statistics of my model.

The problem is that for simulation reasons i needed to insert a backup (buffer) with capacity of 1000.

Now I would like to create a statistic about the added value. The Problem is, that the buffer should not be taken into account in this statistic.

Is there a possibilty that the buffer does not sophisticate the statistics?

Thank you in advance! 

5 REPLIES

Re: Statistics without buffer

Genius
Genius

I'm confused. It sounds like your buffer is allowing your system to work properly. If the system can't perform without a buffer, then it is changing the behavior of the system, therefore changing the stats. If this isn't the case, we need more information.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Henny,

please describe the desired statistics in more detail.

The description of the method statRelativeOccupation shows how you can determine the mean waiting time of the parts and the mean number of parts in the buffer.

For a special statistics I recommend to create an user-defined attribute of the buffer.

In the dialog for the definition of the attribute there is a tab Statistics. Activate the checkbox Active.

Regards,

Peter

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hi Peter, the buffer is needed because I create the moving units monthly. In some months there is not enough capacity (time) to assemble all units. This gap of units must be assembled the next month. If i do not use the buffer there is a gap between nominal number of units and actual number of units at the end of the year. The units that could not be assembled in the defined month will simly dissapear. So now the problem is that the buffer sometimes is full with 1000 units. I want to know how big the StatProdArbeitsAnteil Statistic over all Machines is (except this buffer). But I just started to work with PlantSim and I have no idea how this works. The result should be a statistic of all machines (like it is atomatically generated at the end of the simulation) where statistics of the buffer art not taken into account (as if the buffer is not existing). Thanks, Henny

Experimenter
Experimenter

the buffer is needed because I create the moving units monthly. In some months there is not enough capacity (time) to assemble all units. This gap of units must be assembled the next month. If i do not use the buffer there is a gap between nominal number of units and actual number of units at the end of the year. The units that could not be assembled in the defined month will simly dissapear. Son ow the problem is that the buffer sometimes is full with 1000 units. I want to know how big the StatProdArbeitsAnteil Statistic over all Machines is (except this buffer). But I just started to work with PlantSim and I have no idea how this works. The result should be a statistic of all machines (like it is atomatically generated at the end of the simulation) where statistics of the buffer are not taken into account (as if the buffer is not existing). Thanks, Henny

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Henny,

You are on the right way, but you need to know one more thing:

The value statProdArbeitsAnteil / statProdWorkingPortion belongs to product statistics of the movable units (MU). An MU can be located on a resource of type Production, Storage or Transport. This so-called Resourcetype can be set on the tab Statistics of objetcts SingleProc or Buffer. A buffer object has usually the type Storage. Therefore the time, while the MU was located on a buffer, is recorded by the methods like statLagerArbeitsAnteil / statStoreWorkingPortion.

Please select a Drain object and press the key F8. You will find the mentioned methods.

Regards,

Peter