Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store+Assemblies

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I'm starting to use this software and I created a simple model to show what I'm trying to do. Basically it's a multiple level assembly:

• PartA, B and C originate from SourceABC, go to a SingleProc and then a Store.
  • Assembly1, 2 and 3 originate from SourceAssembly and go to an assembly station where Part A, B and C are assembled according to method.
  • Assembly1, 2 and 3 then go to allocated buffers waiting to be assembled in the final assembly.

Part A, B and C must be taken from a store, not sure how can you do that, is it possible to pick from the store the exct part calling by name and assemble in the right order according to the method?

In the more complex model I have much more parts so a buffer for each one is not feseable. I think a store is the best option but I might be wrong.

Also, can I assemble the final part (Assembly1+Assembly2+Assembly3) without the input of a container/transporter?

Apologies if I missed something (the small model is just to show what I want to do with a more complex one). Any help will be much appreciated!

Many thanks.

5 REPLIES

Re: Store+Assemblies

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Polo, 

First, you just have to connect the store with the assembly with a connector. So the Assembly exactly picks the parts which are needed. You can set a Breakpoint in the Entrace Control of the Assembly and observe every single Step of the Control to see if the assembly control is correct. 

As far as i know, it is not possible to assemble the final part without a "main part" 

Regards, 
David 

Legend
Legend

if every assembly has same no. of sub assembly or component then you can simply use a buffer of each component instead of a common store and connect them to the main assembly. However if different main assembly has different parts/subs then you might have to use methods to pull the right subs from the store/buffer onto the main assembly area and then process it. if you are using method to pull the parts then you dont have to use a assembly station, you can do it by using single proc.

Sachin

Creator
Creator

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

I connected the store but doesn't seem to work.

My understanding is that you need to tell assembly station that parts are in the store (within the method already written I guess, "MethodAssembly").

Could you please help me out with that?

Many thanks.

Legend
Legend

I made some additions in the code. But there are few things you should know. the assembly and the components need to be balanced properly. There is a significant accumulation of inventory of component C as it is not used by assemblies much. Since i dont know the actual demand and consumption you can use the search method in your main model & figure out something.

Also you cannot connect the assembly station to the store. 

Sachin

Creator
Creator

Many thanks!!