Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store animation 3D

Creator
Creator

Hello,

I have a frame that contains an Store and I create an instance of that frame in the root frame. I changed, in the instance, the dimensions of the store "Apearance tab".

My question is, why the MUs does not store themselves propertly?? It does not work also with the autoscale of the MU.

Thansk in advance!

Store.png

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Store animation 3D

Legend
Legend

What dimensions are you using?

X, Y, Z values

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You can also look at the animation area of the store to see if it encompasses the whole store

• Open the 3D-properties for the store
  • Under the tab MU animation, press the "Show" button
  • The red area shows where MUs can be placed

AnimationArea.png

In the picture above I only use a quarter of the available space,centered on the middle of the store

Creator
Creator

These are the dimensions of the warehouse, now I realize what could be the problem. Is there any way to change the separation between MUs independent of the relation that the software creates between the real dimension and the appearance dimension?

Thanks!

Store_3.png

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
As you might know, each cell in the store has a "coordinate" [X,Y,Z], with X,Y and Z being the dimensions.
Out-of-the-box the store will first fill cell [1,1,1], then [1,1,2], [1,1,3] etc. That is why the store starts to place 10 parts on top of each other beginning in the top left corner (coordinates [1,1,Z]).

Furthermore you have 9999 storage places between the left and right sides of the store. The store will try to distribute all of these points with equal distance from each other. your store is 50 meters wide, which means that there will be approximately 50/10000 =0.005 m (5 mm) between each storage place, and that is why the MUs overlap each other.

So either reduce the X- and Y-dimensions, increase the graphical size of the store, shrink down the MUs or Increase the animation area as I showed in my earlier post. (Or a combination of all four).