Did you mean: 

Re: Tank

Builder
Builder

not at all

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Is the source locked? Perhaps the pipes are? The picture you added last time doesn't really say anything at all. The better you explain the problem (What happens, when does it happen, is it only under certain circumstances? etc.) the easier it will be to help you.

Builder
Builder

i shared the model with you. i just put instead of on pipe two pipes like you said but the fluidsource doesn't work could you fix the problem in the model and send it to me please

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
It works just fine for me, so I can't tell you whats wrong. Do you get any error messages? Anything more helpful than "it's not working"? If you get the same error as before it might be because the tank is full? Because that gives the same error message as the one you got before.

Builder
Builder

hey @MarcusA what should i do if the tank is full  

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi,

Tanks can be pretty annoying to work with when that message pops up. As I see it, if a tank becomes full while there is an outgoing flow, the inflow should simply be adjusted to match the outflow. If you continue the simulation or disable errors messages, this is exactly what happens and therefore the error is not really needed in my opinion.

There is a workaround, involving two sensor controls:

1. 100%, activate when exceeded, close entrance
  2. 99% (should be below 100%), activate when underrun, open entrance
  3. Init/reset, open entrance

The sensor (SensorStart event) will be triggered before it is accounted for as being full (TankFull event), so the error message will not pop-up.

You could apply the same workaround for the empty state (sensor position 0%), but now lock the exit. Again you need a second sensor slightly above to open the exit again. This kind of control is called a Schmitt trigger, just for your information.

Gert Nomden
Digital Factory Consultant
cardsplmsolutions.com