Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TargetPosition on Transporter

Legend
Legend

Hello everyone,

I'm using transporters and TargetPosition in 12.2 to make them move to a specified position. I haven't been able to find any information regarding the functionality of the TargetPosition and how it relates to BookPos, FrontPos and RearPos.

From my own experiments the transporter has reached the position when FrontPos = TargetPosition, even when the transporter is travelling backwards. Is BookPntLRelative related to reaching the TargetPosition? Or is it always FrontPos regardless of direction of travel and setting for BookPntLRelative?

When having two transporters on the same track and one is moving towards the other, what creates the Bump event to decide if they collide? I'm having trouble with it right now. The stationary transporter is located between 31.5 and 33  (rear and front) and the moving one is positioned between 36.5 and 38. When it's going backwards toward the stationary and TargetPosition is set to 36 it still creates the bump event but they are effectively 3 m apart when it should have reached the TargetPosition (or 1.5 m from frontpos of stationary transporter to rearpos of moving transporter). Would appreciate any help in this matter.

3 REPLIES

Re: TargetPosition on Transporter

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Verbalins,

the front position is closer to the exit of the track than the rear position. It is independent of backwards of the Transporter. A Bump event is triggered by the front or the rear of the Transporter.

If you set the Targetposition and this position is reached then the transporter is stopped. You are right, that the Bump event must disappear, since the other Transporter is not moving.

Regards,

Peter

Legend
Legend
Hello Peter,

So that means that the Bump event is a calculated event based on if it's possible to reach the TargetPosition (with FrontPos) taking into account other moveable objects and their speeds?

When the target has been reached, I've noticed that Stopped is set to true, but MovingSpeed, MovingAcceleration and CurrSpeed are not affected. It seems to me to be quite counter intuitive to have something that is Stopped but that they still have a speed value on them. Or is speed affected after the DestinationCtrl has been called?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Verbalins,

because there are so many settings we should know the current state of the Transporter when the TargetPosition was set.

The best thing is, if you upload a model.

It is also important what is done in the DestinationCtrl.

Regards,

Peter