Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tecnomatix Plant Simulation Student download problem

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi, I registered for the student version of Tecnomatix Plant simulation software. I am however unable to download and use the program as after clicking the link I get following error:

Any ideas how to overcome this or who should I contact? The license file gets the same error.

Thanks in advance for any help.

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://dl2.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/tecnomatix/PlantSimulationSetup.msi?

The following error was encountered:

• Unable to forward this request at this time.

This request could not be forwarded to the origin server or to any parent caches. The most likely cause for this error is that:

• The cache administrator does not allow this cache to make direct connections to origin servers, and
  • All configured parent caches are currently unreachable.

Your cache administrator is webmaster

Generated Tue, 15 Oct 2013 12:13:10 GMT by uscisdmzp001.net.plm.eds.com (squid/2.7.STABLE3)

15 REPLIES

Re: Tecnomatix Plant Simulation Student download problem

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

thanks for reporting this issue!

We could reproduce the problem and are working on a solution.

As soon as the problem is fixed we will post an update here.

Regards,

Ralf

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

We apologize for the inconvenience caused because of issues with student download links. Please try to download the software again using the links provided in your email. Everything should be working now. Let us know if you continue to have issues.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I tried to download the files too. The programm as itself is not the problem to download but the license file. The e-mail you send to the student says:

License File
The unique Plant Simulation Student license file can be found here: http://dl2.i.....SimStudent.lic

To apply the license file, first save the above electronic ZIP file to a convenient location. Extract the PlantSimStudent.lic file from the ZIP file. Make sure that you maintain the filename PlantSimStudent.lic. Complete the installation of Plant Simulation, if you haven't done so yet.

Unfortunately there is no ZIP file just the .lic -File which I can´t handle. Is there a way to save it the license file seperatly? If I click on the link, it just opens but i can´t save the license file.

Can you please help me how I get my student license file?

Thank you 

Siemens Phenom

Hello,

we are working on this issue.

At the moment you can just copy the contents of the license file which is shown to you and paste it into Notepad.

Then you can save it to a file on your hard disk. The name doesn't matter.

After that start Plant Simulation go to Tools->Preferences and select the license tab.

Enter the path to your just saved license file and don't forget to set the license type to 'Student'.

Now you should be able to create a new model.

Regards,

Ralf

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Experimenter
Experimenter

Great! Thank you!! I saved the file as ".txt" and it works now.

Great support!

Experimenter
Experimenter

The download as well as license file are working.

Thank you very much for the quick and professional problem solution.

And now, learning time Smiley Happy

The thread can be closed I think.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hey

i´ve got the same Problem like written above. I registered for the software and received an E-mail containing the download link. Unfortunately the site doesnt load, when i try to open the link. Only thing i see are strange signs like: ������������������������������������������������������������������������������������ ���������� ��$��(��,��0��4��8��<��@��D��H��L��P��T��X��\��`��d��h��l��p��t��x��|�����������������������������

Would you help me please?

best regards

Siemens Phenom

Hello,

the link for the license is pointing to a ZIP file which contains the license file.

Your browser should ask you if you want to download the zip file. It seems that your browser is instead showing you the contents of the ZIP file, which doesn't make sense.

I guess you have used Internet Explorer. Can you try another browser like Firefox or Chrome?

Regards,

Ralf

Regards,

Ralf

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hey,

thank you, it worked. I didn´t use internet explorer but Firefox.

With chrome everything went fine.

Regards