Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tecnomatix Plant Simulation installing problem

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello everyone,

I have recently downloaded Plant Simulation for Students, but the program doesn´t install in my computer.

Attached there is a print screen of the warning message when I try to install and besides my tries to install in requested local, this warning message just keeps popping-up.

I ask for your help to solve this problem, please.

Thank you in advance.

P.S: I am running windows 8

1 REPLY 1

Re: Tecnomatix Plant Simulation installing problem

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I have never seen this problem before. I would guess that there is a problem with the windows installer, more precisely that the windows installer does not get administrator privileges. I googled the error message and found the following proposal for a solution. (I am not sure if the steps 1 and 2 are really necessary, so I would suggest that you skip them in your first trial).

1. Open a Windows Explorer, click behind the directory path so that the whole path will be selected (and therefore overwritten), and type in %temp%
  2. You should be in a directory like C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp. Delete the entire content of the directory.
  3. Open a command prompt with administrator privileges: Go to the start screen and type in "cmd" (without the quotes). Select the command prompt and click "Run as administrator" at the bottom of your screen.
  4. Go to the directory in which PlantSimulationSetup.msi is located. For example if it is inside D:\Folder1\Folder2, then type in "D:" and press enter, "cd Folder1" and press enter, "cd Folder2" and press enter.
  5. Type in "msiexec /i PlantSimulationSetup.msi" (again without the quotes) and press enter.