Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TranferStation - parts per colour without coding

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hi Community,

I have a model attached("TranferStation.spp").

Capture.PNG

In the model I created a Car (Container) with three different icons (blue, white and red). I would like to create 3 diffrent car types from one container ,with three different colours then proceed to move them (with TranferStation's) to their respective SingleProc's, without using coding ?

I see there is a tab on the TranferStration:

C2.PNGC3.PNG

After searching the Helpfiles I still have no idea what "Part Type" and "Container Type" is and how to use them (I assume this is where I specify where my colour coded cars should go?).

How can I go about moveing my different coloured cars without going into the code and changing it manually?

Many Thanx

2 REPLIES

Re: TranferStation - parts per colour without coding

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius
Hello Armand,

You got very close to the answer. In the type table, you fill in the name of the MU. In other words, press 'Specific type', open the table and enter the MU name of the car (so RedCar, BlueCar and WhiteCar) into column 'Part type'. If you do this for all three transfer stations, it should work.

I believe you use 'Container type' to determine on which container the parts have to be moved, but this is not relevant in your case.

Let me know if you managed to fix it in your model.

Best regards,

Nick Peeters
Consultant
cards PLM Solutions
Nick Peeters
Simulation Consultant
www.cardsplmsolutions.com

Re: TranferStation - parts per colour without coding

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hi Nick,

Thank you very much that did the job.

I previously played around with the Names in those slots, but the logic just didn't seem to work. It's almost as if it breaks if you change to many things back and forth. In that case I just delete the transferstation and use a new one.

I attached my model below("TransferStation.spp").

Agai thank you very much.