Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporter Distance Control with 2 parallel tracks

Genius
Genius

I have a model where I am simulating the movement of AGVs on a track. Distance control works beatifully except where I have two parallel tracks where there isn't room for AGVs to pass each other. In real life, the AGV would detect the vehicle in front (even though its not directly infront) and execute the distance control. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this detection to work in PS?

crash.png

10 REPLIES

Re: Transporter Distance Control with 2 parallel tracks

Legend
Legend

Why do you have two tracks if the AGV cannot pass? In this configuration seems ok to use just one track.

Anyway, in my opinion there is no way to activate the collision control. To detect moving objects on different tracks usually I use sensors, but in this way you are only able to control specific points.

Genius
Genius

Thank you Alessio. I'm trying to make the simulation animation match the real world application, and that's how the system is designed. Thank you again for your feedback.

Legend
Legend

I understand.
Well, what about create dummy transporters which reproduce the same movement of real ones (without 3D visualization)? But it's tricky.

Genius
Genius

That's what I was thinking, but I was also thinking it could be a little tricky. I also thought maybe I could just create an animation to make it look like its traveling on the inner path when it's actually not... but animations can get tricky too.

Legend
Legend

Another idea. It is possibile associate different jt files to the same class.
You may insert the same image with different coordinates and switch on/switch off the right image to make agvs look like travelling on different paths.

Genius
Genius

You can. That's an interesting idea. The AGV would pop onto the other line, but that might be sufficent. It would definately be a lot faster than building an animation. Got to think about it.

Phenom
Phenom

I think in this case "Coordinate3D" is the "magic attribute" required to calculate

a (collision -) distance between agvs.

Unbenannt1.png

Genius
Genius

oooo. this looks interesting. any way you could save it in version 13.0? i can't open 13.1.

Phenom
Phenom

please find attached model in v13.0.

As you will notice, I have adapted the distance calculation to be based on 3 coordinates (x,y,z).

Unbenannt.png