Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporter

Hello,

Is it possible to make a transport wait for 24 hours?

Assuming the demand is 10, Transporter takes 10 parts on day 1 and it should wait for 24 hours for its next turn to take the next 10 parts.

How is this achieved?

Regards,

Sharad

12 REPLIES

Betreff: Transporter

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hi Sharad,

that depends on how you built your model and your transports. You can always use something like

wait for 86400; -- wait for one day

in a method.

Happy Easter,
Alex

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your reply. I guess I need to tweek it according to my model.

Regards,

Sharad

Gears Phenom

Hi Sharad,

if you have a Buffer from where the transporter picks up the parts, you could do something like

1. let 10 parts leave,
  2. then lock its exit,
  3. wait for 1 day,
  4. reset the counter to zero,
  5. open its exit again
  6. go back to 1.

Don't know if that can work in your model.

Best Regards,
Alex

Hello Alex,

Thanks again for your reply. I have been meddling with this for quite a while. 

I have 2 different situations.

In the first one, I have a buffer with 1000 capacity from which only 100 is to be released to next singleproc on daily basis i.e. after sending the first 100 parts, the buffer has to wait to for 86400.

In the second case, I have a buffer with 1000 capacity from which only 100 is to be loaded on to a transporter which delivers these parts to the next station and comes back for the next 100 parts. I want this transporter to wait (86400) before it comes to pick the next set of 100 parts.

In both cases I want a gap of a day between each delivery.

Method in the attached image is used as an entrance control for the buffer.

Please help. If you could explain with a small demo model, that would be really helpful.

Regards,

Sharad

Gears Phenom

Hello

Have managed to create a small model that works to release the parts from the buffer every 24 hours by controling the exit of the buffer, not tested but this should also work for the transporter solution as well.

LockExitAfter100PartsForADay.PNG

It works by locking the exit and then waiting until the correct time, the first time can be pre configured within the variable (set the initial value to what you want the first batch to be released at, in this case 5 hours). After waiting it will unlock the exit to allow for part flow and then change the next out time to be in a days time and then set the target value for the number of parts to be released before waiting for this to be achived before locking the exit and calling it self to run again.

You will notice that with where it caculates the next out time, this is set up to run every 24 hours from when the first part is released from the buffer and not from the last part being released. To change this you got to move the line to after the waituntil statment but of course assuming you cant dump the 100 parts in an instant then the time will slowly creep backwards at each stage.

If your process for the 100 parts means it could take over a day to take the parts from the buffer then the abs statment within the wait statment should make it instantly release the parts with its current configuration, if you wish to then release 24 hours from this point and not from the original time then change 'TimeOut += 86400' to 'TimeOut := EventController.SimTime + 86400' and this should do that for you.

JamesM

Gears Phenom

Hi Sharad,

I've created a small example model that will release up to 100 parts from the buffer, then lock the exit. Every 24 hours, the exit is opened and the counter reset to zero.

I added user-defined attributes to the buffer:

grafik.png

You can create your own buffer-class in the class-library like this, in case you need more than one buffer with this functionality.

Best Regards,
Alex

Gears Phenom
??! :-D We need to find a system that prevents us from creating solutions for the same posts ^^

Gears Phenom
One quick note on James' solution: In case you are using the statistics-reset for a warmup phase, you should not use the attribute "statNumOut", because this will be reset to zero during the simulation and may rip one of your 100-batches apart... In that case, it's better to count the parts yourself in a variable or attribute.

Gears Phenom

Hello

Well if it looks to be an interesting problem then I will try to solve it, is always good to see more than 1 solution as the person who asked the question might like 1 approach more than the other.

Ah yes, did not think about if the statics got reset, was more thinking about the most lightweight approach that could be done. If the statics got reset during the 100 parts being released then it would cause it to realase all of the previous parts and 100 extra in addition to what has already left. 

Was originally thinking of doing it similar to your approach until i thought of a different way to do so, if I was to add a new count attribute (or variable as its what SharadKokkarne appears to use) then I would still personally use the waituntil statment in my approach as it keeps all of the control code in 1 location and not spreads it across multiple methods making it harder to maintain. In the process you lose the ability to handle tasks easier (like schedualing the method to run in a days time) but you can also then make it a bit more adaptable at the same time and easier to follow.

JamesM