cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporters route

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Community, I have a question about a little project that came up to my mind.

I have a scenario like the one I have attached in the picture, where the roads name can be "0", "1" and "2".

I have some sources of trash, they differ in color, and as long as I can not mix them, I want to make a simulation where a Car (whichever of those 2 in the picture, there could be even more cars) goes to chech every "10" minutes the trash, empty  the Trash buffers (orange or green or blue) and take the trash to its correspondant deposit.

I mean, If Car 1 goes to "Green", Then Car 2 can go to blue, or Orange, and depending which Trash it loaded into the car, then it can only unload its trash in a certain deposit.

- Car 1 and Car 2 are independants.

-Car 1 and Car 2 can go wherever they want, but they have to clean all three different color trash evenly.

-The trash present in each color (assuming that spots are the sources of the trash) can produce random quantities of trash (random MUs quantities every time the car went to empty that trash binder).

Can somebody develop this scenario?, this is really a small part of a much bigger scenario but it could give me the hint of the easiest and shortest way to do it.

It could be very helpful to me.

5 REPLIES

Re: Transporters route

Genius
Genius

Hello Jerogaro,

You can model your scenario with 'worker' (acts as car). Please find the attached model.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Abhilash Sridhar
Mercedes Benz R&D India, Daimler AG

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks a lot for your answer, it reflects the model I was talking about really well, I just have a question.

If the railroad (track) has a capacity of only one car at a time(in this case person) and they can not collide like the image attatched shows, I mean, If one goes out, It can not come back at the same time the other one is going out, How could I restrain the railroad to avoid the cars to collide?

Genius
Genius

Hello Jerogaro,

As of now, we can not avoid collision of workers.

But if you really want to consider this constraint, better use the TwoLaneTrack & transporter. And give the capacity of the TwoLaneTrack to 1.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Abhilash Sridhar

Pioneer
Pioneer

In case of the use of transporters, should I also use workerplaces? I know It could be a lot to ask for but, could you show me a little example of how to connect them?

Genius
Genius

Jerogaro, if you are using transporter; no, need to use the workplaces. 

To know how to model a transport system using tracks & transporters, please look into Plant simulation example models.

Category: Continuous mataerial flow

Topic: Two lane track

or

Category: Continuous mataerial flow

Topic: Automatic routing

Thanks & Best Regards,
Abhilash Sridhar