Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling route of worker

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello all forum Users,

i am confuse to understand traveling distance of workers ((means on which route worker can travel))

In my model, There is so many Area (frame ) and inside these Area,there is line(subframe). I change icon size of all frame and subframe. Check it in attachment.Now i want to understand, From which position(Xpos;Ypos) worker can walk inside that area.And from which position, worker can leave that area and run toward to next area..similar for all Line(subframe).

Are Entry and exit of worker (in Area--chipping_1) only related to co-ordinate system of that area(chipping_1)??

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES

Re: Travelling route of worker

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Niks1,

the obstacles for the workers are 3D properties.

Open the 3D-Properties of the subframe (via the context menu).

On the tab Graphics you can define whether the graphics of the frame is an obstacle or not.

Please look at the index of Plant Simulation: _3D.ObstacleForWorker

Regards

Peter

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi @Peter

i defined the graphics of the frame is not an obstacle for worker( for that i chooese..edit3d Prop-graphics-obstacle for worker-none)

here i want to understand, How worker travel from one frame to other frame? Because i want to optimize route of worker.

For simplified, i created one small model and check path of worker from sanky dia.. Here next frame is very near to workplace but worker travel somewhere downside..(i thing, content of subframe is there)...so now i want to optimized path of worker. How can i do it?  worker route is depends on Xpos and Ypos or depends on getXYWH(x,y,w,H).

Que: Can you explain more about both(positions) and worker route??

Que 2: which is important for worker route from follwing?

i) position of frame according to upperlevel frame--(i thing this from Xpos and Ypos)

ii) position of frame according to grey area-----(i thing this from getXYWH(x,y,w,H)

Que 3:  If content of the subframe is located somewhere in main frame and worker is directly travel towards this content(without going inside the subframe), then How can we find position of that content with respect to main frame not a subframe??

you can find sample mopdel in attachment

thanks in advance

worker_route.PNG

Siemens Phenom

For a usable worker simulation with workers moving freely in the area (I suppose that is what is configured in the worker pool), you should maintain that your frames, objects and graphics resemble the machines you want to simulate - at least, considering their dimensions and positions. That includes hierarchically built-up frame structures (i.e. frames within other frames). The entire content within one simulation frame (the one with the event controller) makes up one "obstacle scene", so to say. To have a practical example, you might want to have a look at the Factory51 example model - the two production halls are subframes and they both contain a couple of further subframes between which worker roam freely.

Now a short explanation of what you can define as obstacle setting:

• None means that the object or graphic become entirely transparent to workers, including whatever may reside within (hierarchically).
  • Bounding Box means that the object or graphic is considered to be one single obstacle altogether, and that obstacle is calculated from the graphics of said object or graphic. Note that invisible graphics are used in the calculation, too!
  • Graphics is the most versatile setting - this setting simply forwards the task to the objects or graphics within the object or graphic. Say for instance, you have a machine in front of which wou want to have a work place but the machine is more or less U-shaped (maybe some protective wallts to the sides of the area which shall be the work place). In that case, Graphics will probably be the most useful setting.

Now, obstacles are calculated and assembled starting at the simulation frame and (this might be important) ignoring said frame's setting because whenever you have a freely moving worker simulation, to us, the absolutely only useful interpretation was that the root frame itself forwards the obstacle calculation to its content. We found no real use in either considering everything to be a single obstacle (the first worker that wanted to walk anywhere would generate an error because wherever its target station might be, it certainly is not reachable!) or none at all (the simulation would become trivial because every worker would find the absolutely direcct route, ignoring whatever might reside in the simulation).

Finally, to convince a worker to go into another frame, it should be enough to configure a target work place in the sub-frame the same way you do in the parent frame.

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi @PeterKomarek

thanks for better explanation

can we open factory51 in 2D?

thanks

Siemens Phenom

Well, theoretically, you could do that:

Open model settings, change the model type from 3D to 2D/3D and then open the 2D frame.

But I doubt that the model will look too well or even give you that much insight as a 2D model - after all, this model was created as a showcase 3D model.

What is it that you want to see in 2D in that model?

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Pioneer
Pioneer

thanks peterkomarek

i got your suggestion.. thanks for both answerSmiley Happy