Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trucks loading/unloading, movement and routing

Pioneer
Pioneer

I have multiple trucks-they load engines and unload engines at a different location. I have assigned them destinations using a table and they are following the path given by me and going through respective destinations but in the way they also have to load unload using transfer stations.

Trucks capacities are 36,51,99 I have modelled that correctly and transfer station loads the engines onto the trucks according to the capacity of the truck and truck moves to next destination. I have selected always stop container in load station.

Sometimes after 1 or 2 trips truck does not load engines it moves directly to next station. Can someone help my why my truck would be missing the loading part in some cycles

8 REPLIES

Re: Trucks loading/unloading, movement and routing

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi aagosh,

can you please post your model?

Kind regards

Karola

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hi Aagosh,

Try using using "Assembly" and "Dismantle" station instead of transfer stations at the "Load" and "Unload" areas.You might have to change the "Assembly table" mode to "depends on main MU" under "attributes tab"or change the assembly list via method to assembly only the required quantity onto the trucks based on capacity

Regards,

-Varun

Pioneer
Pioneer

I will try with the assembly station but this should work with Transfer station also as I have selected always stop container. Is this a technical issue?

Siemens Legend

The transferstation also is an object for loading/unloading. That the transporter doesn't stop may be a bug, it can have the wrong destination or something in your many methods may cause the transporter not to stop. There are many possibilities and without the model nobody can find the reason.

When you cannot post your model here please contact the hotline.

Kind regards

Karola

Pioneer
Pioneer

It is not possible to post the complete model, I will vet some data and try to send it.

Till then can you please explain me which hotline to contact?

Siemens Legend

when you have a maintanance contract you can report your problem to GTAC (File menu - Help).

Which release number of Plant Simulation and of the transferstation do you use?

What happens in the methods method_load and method_unload? The transferstation automatically does the load and unload.

What is the configuration of the transferstation and the involved objects?

Pioneer
Pioneer

I will report the issue to GTAC, My organisation does have a maintainance contract

Also I have plant sim 13.1

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hi Aagosh,

Try with unchecking the "Exit control once" option in the "Single Proc" control tabs along with "Always stop container" option in the transfer station to ensure stopping of container or transporter.

Regards,

-Varun