Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted behaviour of exitstrategy "Jüngste Anforderung / earliest request"

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I noticed that if I change the MUdistance of an conveyer to 0 the Exitstrategy "Jüngste Anforderung / earliest request" does not work as intented anymore.

I added an example which demostrates it. In my case I have to add an MUdistance, even if I do not have one just to be sure the exitstrategy works correctly.

The example at the top has  a MUdistance of 0, while the other example has a distance of 0.1.

1 REPLY

Re: Unwanted behaviour of exitstrategy "Jüngste Anforderung / earliest request"

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

For the exit behavior Most recent demand the successor receives the part onto which a part entered most recently. This means that the same successor (no 1) always receives the parts as long as it can store parts. The parts are only move to another successor when the successor 1 cannot receive any parts at all.

If you set an MUDistance of 0, the conveyor can always receive parts. So in this case the parts always go to the first successor. For the setting 0.1 it may happen that the first successor cannot receive parts because the minimum distance has not been reached.  In this case the successor 2 receives parts.

Kind regards

Karola

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.