Utilization of machines

Innovator
Innovator

How to show utilization of machines ?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Utilization of machines

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Could you clarify what you mean with "utilization"? Do you mean the percentage of time that the machine is working, working+setup, working+blocked, etc.? Do you want the result as a graph or a display showing the percentage of the total time spent working, or something else entirely?

Innovator
Innovator

@MarcusA  yes, how much time machine is working/waiting etc int he form of graph

Siemens Phenom

Ok. Simply add a chart object to your model (found under the tab User Interface) and drag the machines you want to look at onto the chart object. You'll get a prompt asking what you want to observe, select "Resource Statistics". Then you'll get a handy graph like this one Cat Happy

Graph.png

You can then open the chart object and goto the Data tab --> Input Channels to add/remove stats that you are missing/ are not intereseted in.

Innovator
Innovator

@MarcusA 

In the attached model, I see there is more waiting time. What do I do to make the waiting time less?

Siemens Phenom
A machine is waiting when it is empty and waits for material, so the simplest answer it to simply produce more and/or faster. A more thorough explanation would require a more in-depth analysis of your model to get a good understanding of the logic and material flow.

Legend
Legend

I think, it is generally a good idea to insert a chart and use the Statistics Wizard.

Insert Chart > Right Click on icon > Statistics Wizard

There you can see which part of the value chain is blocked the most. As a general rule, the bottleneck is the successor of the most blocked station.