Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSM Library Multiple Prozess

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hey Guys,

im trying to work with the VSM Library on a small simple example.

I'm having a problem with the Prozess Multiple which seems to work wrong in general for my understanding.

In the Example I have a Multiple Prozess with 2 Stations. This Prozess takes 1 hour per part.

So in the Multiple Prozess i should have two parts in 1 hour due to the 2 Station.

Unfortunately the Prozess takes 2 hours to complete 2 parts.

For my understanding it seems that the Prozess Multiple Object is working as a serial prozess of two stations instead of a parallel prozess of two stations.

Are my assumptions about this object wrong or is it possible to change this behaviour?

Thank you for your help.

Martin

7 REPLIES

Re: VSM Library Multiple Prozess

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello,

in the Process_multiple you are defining the Cycletime not the processing time. So if you have 2 stations defined and a cycletime of 1 hour the processing time will be 2 hours for each product.

In future versions we will explain this in more detail in the help file.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Pioneer
Pioneer
That makes sense now. You are right this is not quite clear in the description of the Object. Thank you for your Help

Regards

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi GG,

unfortunately with the new VSM library Version (11.0.15.1) the multiple Process object doesn't work right anymore. The object doesn't seem to provide the clycle time anymore. In the customer object you can see that all orders are processed in zero time in the attached example.

is there a newer version without this bug?

Thank you

Regards

Siemens Phenom

Attached you will find an updated version of the library.

In this library, the bug of the processing time for the Process_multiple object is fixed.

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

Thank you for the latest version of the VSM Library. The Multiple Process works fine now.

Unfortunately there is an other error showing now. The same as in this thread.

It seems that there is a problem with the shift calander and the number of stations of multiple process objects.

When I change the number of stations, the attached failure appears. On the other hand, when I don't add a shift calander to the involved multiple object it works fine until the same failure appears for the next multiple object.

Thank you for your Help.

Regards

PS: is there a special thread or community where errors and bugs are reported?

Siemens Phenom

Hello,

attached you will find a VSM library 11.0.15.3 which fixes your problem.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello GG,

For my understand, we can get 60 UPH when cycletime of multiple process is 60 sec.

however, In the attachment model, I can only throughput 960 per day.

I don't know if there is any problem because of VSM library, please help me, thanks very much!