Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Stream Mappign with Plant Simulation - Problems !

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hello,

I’m using Plant Simulation 11.0 at the Albstadt-Sigmaringen University. At the moment I’ve to create a Value Stream Mapping Simulation, but I encountered several problems with plant simulation:

First of all, there’s no specific help for value stream mapping implemented. So I have downloaded the manual from the Tecnomatix PLM Download Server, which has nearly 4000 pages – but there’s no explanation regarding value stream mapping or the use of vsm objects and their properties.

The next problem is, that I tried to simulate a value stream map. But I get still the same error message. It says, that the cycle times of my manufactured products are zero or below of it (PPS.Disposition: Cycle time of product PRODUCT is <=0). But I have specified cycle times in my processing activities. And because I don’t have a tutorial or a complete help document, I’m unable to resolve this problem.

So I would like to ask, if anybody can help me with this issue ?

I just attached the .spp-file to this post, so maybe anybody might look over it or is able to fix my problem. The Value Stream Map displays the prodution of notebooks. I’m looking forward for some support concerning my request and would say thank you for your efforts in advance.

Best regrads

Florian
15 REPLIES

Re: Value Stream Mappign with Plant Simulation - Problems !

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend
Hello Florian,
can you please upgrade your Tecnomatix Plant Simulation to service pack 11.0.3 which is available on the GTAC download area. The VSM documentation is part of the English online help. I suggest you move to an updated version of the VSM library as well. Therfore please send your mail contact to the following mail address:
plantsimulation.studentlicense.plm@siemens.com
You will be contacted then.

Best regards
Georg

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hello Georg,
thanks for your response.
Our Tecnomatix Plant Simulation Version is already at the 11.0.3 upgrade level. After doing some research yesterday i found the VSM-Documentation for Plant Simulation in the following sudirectory which is part of the Tecnomatix program folder:
Plant Simulation 11\Libraries\Standard\Licensed\Value Stream Mapping
However, I'm still in trouble with my value stream simulation and i get still the same message mentioned in my first post, when i will start the simulation. It's hopeless, because the VSM-Documentation does not describe errors or exceptions and so i've no idea how to deal with the problem.
But anyways, thank you for your reply and for the email-address.
Best regards
Florian

Hii,

I have the same problem as you with error: PPS.Disposition: >>Cycle time of product PRODUCT is <=0<<    Do you find any solution?

Best regards,

Mario

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

please post your VSM model, so I can have a deeper look on it.

Thanks

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Hello GG,

thanks for your response.

This is model. Error: >>Cycle time of product <b>leg</b> is <=0<<

Thanks

Regards

Mario 

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Mario,

attached you will find your VSM model updated to version 11.0.15.2 of the VSM library.

I your model the connectione between Table_Assembly, Warehouse and Warehouse_out was not correct. I modified this.

Also in some objects the spelling of the products was not ciorrect. To avoid these errors, use the Product button and select the products you want to use. So you only define a product once and you can use the product several times without spelling mistakes.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Hello GG,

thank you so much Smiley Happy

Best regards,

Mario

hello GG,

I have a problem with the VSM model. An error occured: >>For further information, consult the Console. Attached is my VSM model so maybe You can help me? 

Best regards.

Mario

Hello,

can someone explain me what does it mean parameter of process ''lot size''?

Best regards.

Mario