Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Value Stream Mappign with Plant Simulation - Problems !

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello,

if aprocess gets a production order, may be by the PPS, a customer object or a supermarket, the quantity of the production order is rounded to the lot size defined at the process object..

So if the process has to produce at least 1 part of a product, it always pruces the lot size of the product.

Hope this will help you.

Reagrds

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Siemens Phenom

Hello Mario,

as you can read in the Console:

Object pjeskarenje is not a valid predecessor of object pjeskarenje.

there is a short connection of object pjeskarenje to itself.

You are using a very old version of the library and I would recommend to update the library. Attached you will find the latest version of VSM.

I tried to update your VSM model, but there was another problem.

In the class library you renamed the process object to rezanje_limova. When updating the library the update mechanism recognizes that there is an object which is not part of the new library version and therefore removes the object and all instances in your VSM model.

In case you want to use your special process object, just derive the object and move the derived object to a folder outside the library folder. This will prevent the derived object to be deleted.

If there are any problems, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reagrds

Guido 

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hii,

I need help.

I need to improve my model in a way that reduce throughput time and increase number of finished goods. I know that my library is old but I can't change it because it is college licence. My first attached is my origin model and the second one is my attempt to improve it. I recognized that curent stock of inventory of process rezanje_limova and process rezanje_profila is zero and i tried to put supermarket on positions of both inventorys to increase curent stock and speed of production, but there is an error occured:
>>The base product 'limovi' in station 'rezanje_limova' is not defined in any of the preceeding objects.
The base product 'profili' in station 'rezanje_profila' is not defined in any of the preceeding objects.<<
But I defined both base products and I can't solve this problem. Maybe someone know another way to improve this model or why doesn't supermarkets working??

Best regards,

Mario

hii,

now I didn't change inventory with supermarket than I put supermarket between inventory and target process but there has occurred next error: >>Error in method '.Models.Frame.PPS.Check.checkSupermarket' in line 73: Unknown identifier Process
Unknown identifier Process<<  and after that error simulation goes to the end but nothing happens.

I tried to figure this problem but I can't.. I realy need help.

best regards.

Mario

Siemens Phenom

Hello Golemac_Mario,

in your first model, your customer object orders 1 product every 30 days, does this make sense?

When calculating the cycletime, we are calculating this an a daily basis, This leads to the fact that we have a factor of 0.0333... which is summed up (1 time because of one part). This leads us to a division by zero error.

We will fix the bug and support you with a new library version.

On the other way, replace Inventory9 by a Supermarket and the customer object can directly order the product from the supermarket without Production Control. To give production orders to your processes use the schedule object.

In your model attempt.spp, you are using wrong connectors. you have two information connectors in the material flow. This does not work.

In version 12 of Plant Simulation and a version 12 of the library we prohibit wrong connections.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

Siemens Phenom

Hello Mario,

in your model pokusaj1_unapredenja.spp you connected a inventory directly with a supermarket. This is not allowed.

I updated your library and removed the supermarket.

Second: it is not allowed to connect the PPS with an processing object which can not decide which product to produce.

In your model you connected the ProductionControl with process prihvat_opreme. This process gets his products directly from the external transport and cannot be controlled by the ProductionControl.

Attached you will find an updated version of your model. The model now has version 11.0.16 of the VSM library

Regards

GG

Regards
GG