Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Stream Mapping periodic Inventory reduction and permanent production

Experimenter
Experimenter

Good evening dear Siemens community,

at the moment i have a problem with the value stream that i created.

There is a very high inventory available for shipping, that gets zeroed before the production starts.

After the inventory hits zero, a order gets out to the supplier. Then the actual production starts.

But the production is not running for 2 whole months because of the high inventory.

What happens now is, that a order goes out to the supplier and the first parts arrive after three days of transportation (still no production for three days but buffers and material available). Now the first process starts with the production of the process.

Why? Every Process has a buffer and a lot of parts are ready for work.

But until the inventory for shipping is empty and the parts that were ordered didn't run through at least once, not even a single process takes the parts out of the buffers and starts to work.

--> Is there a order that i need to give the PPS system or a function that i need to enable, so all the stations are working from the beginning?

--> Can't i tell the VSM that it should produce, no matter the high inventory?

--> Why does the Simulation run through the whole process at least once, before it starts to take the parts from the buffers? This creates a delay for my customer in the order protocol.

Thank you very much for any help

Ben

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Value Stream Mapping periodic Inventory reduction and permanent production

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello   MayerBe1,

the PPS sends production orders to the processes as soon as an customer order arrives at the PPS and there is not enough material available to satisfy this customer order. Otherwise, no production order will be created. For details see the maunal.

If you want to make your production line producing parts without any customer order, use the ScheduleBox to define production orders.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello GG,

First of all, thank you for your help!

It is the first time that i work with the schedule box, but it seems to be a handy tool.

One question to the schedule box: Can i implement the fluctuation in % of the customer orders?

Is there really no way to include the reduction of my Inventory into my Value Stream?

Kind Regards

Mayerbe1

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello MayerBe1,

in the ScheduleBox you only can define the production orders by an absolute number of parts to produce.

In reality you also did not know how many products will be ordered by the customer next week or next month.

The only way to limit your inventories/supermarkets is to use the Kanban control with a fixed number of Kanban cards. As soon as a customer orders parts, kanban cards will be empty and will be moved to the producing process. If there is no customer order, the maximum number of products in your supermarket will be NumberOfKanbanCards * PartsPerKanbanCard.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you GG!

It works now

Kind Regards,

MayerBe1