Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Stream Mapping simulation problem

Creator
Creator

Hello,

I would be very grateful if someone could help me with the problem I have in my file VSM_poboljšano stanje.

VSM_poboljšano stanje is a suggestion of improvement of VSM_sadašnje stanje_2. 

I can not find a mistake why the program does not do a good simulation of the future state.

Thank you very very much in advanced.

Kind regards,

PLM_user_AA

2 REPLIES 2

Betreff: Value Stream Mapping simulation problem

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello PLM_user_AA,

first of all, we recommend to update your version of Plant simulation. Version 12 is no longer supported. Its a good idea to update to Plant Simulation version 14.

Also the VSM library of your model is very old. Current version of the VSM library is 13.0.17. 

In your model the customer orders one product every 25 days. The suppliers delivers 3 parts every 30 days and 30 parts every 90 days and needs 20 hours to deliver the parts. Also keep in mind that processes will only start a production order as soon as all parts are available. For example: Station REL_i_TIG_zavarivanje only starts working as soon as 8*4 parts of type Limovi and 8*4 parts of type Profil are available.

Hope this helps.

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Betreff: Value Stream Mapping simulation problem

Creator
Creator

Dear GG,

sorry for bothering you, but I hope that you could help me and explain.

You said that processes will only start a production order as soon as all parts are available, for example,station REL_i_TIG only starts working as soon as 8*4 parts of type limovi and 8*4 parts of type Profil are available", but
Lot size = quantity of material that must be available before starting a process, and Transfer Quantity = number of products that are transferred as a "Lot" to the next Inventory or Process (it must be a divisor of the Lot Size, i.e. if a Lot size=10, Transfer mode=1, 2 or 5). So I don't understand why 8*4. I thought that if, for example for Process_1 if Lot size=4, Transfer quantity=4, that that means that process needs 4 parts to start and then when Process_1 is finished, it transfer,at the same time, 4 parts to another process or inventory.