Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version 13 of Plant Simulation

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello

I've installed version 13 on my computer and I have error message : license server version is older than the client.

I would like to know before doing anything on my triad what I will have to do on the triad and it will change.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,

Christelle

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Version 13 of Plant Simulation

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Christelle,

basically you have to uninstall your old license server and install the new one from the Plant Simulation DVD.

A short way is to stop the license server service and replace all the files in your license server install with the files from the DVD in the folder "License Server Setup\Windows Binaries". Then just start the license server again and you're using the new version.

This of course has to be done on all 3 machines of your triade.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Ralf

Thanks for your quick answer , can I change only the 3 files lmgrd.exe, lmtool.exe and lmutil.exe in the uglsmd directory?

The servers are used for other software I want to be sure to not disturb other software which are using lmtools to manage licenses, users ...

Christelle

Siemens Phenom

Hello Christelle,

the only two required are lmgrd.exe and ugslmd.exe.

But to be consistent it would make sense to replace all which are currently existing.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legend
Legend
Hello Ralf,

Just to clarify, we also need a new license file for version 13? Just updating the license server is not enough?

Siemens Phenom

Hello verbalins,

right, since V13 is a new major version, a new license is needed.

Regards,

Ralf

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Ralf

I updated my triade with success thanks to your suggestion. I'm able to use version 13. thanks for your support.

For information , I updated my license.dat file and the files we can find in the directory License Server Setup\Windows Binaries of DVD.

Best regards,

Christelle