Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Void can not accept

Creator
Creator

I want to build a system with given process sequence. I do not know why i am facing a problem in that. 

I am running the one of the sequence in reverse order where the robot picks the entity but do not place on the container in the line. I used move_to in order to move the entity. I have attached the file, If any one can solve kindly help me with pointing out the problem.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Void can not accept

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Sandeep1,

When I run your model it stops in the line '@.move(@.move_to)' because the attribute move_to is void.

It seems that you don't set this attribute to a valid destination. You have to check your logic where you assign a value to move_to.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Creator
Creator

Hello Ralf,

I did assign value for the attribute. And it has no problem when it move to others. You can see that the first entity is moving on the above line and second entity is stopped with error saying void.

Regards

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Sandeep1,
When I run your model the debugger opens:

Debugger.png 

Here you can see that for the MU '.MUs.Job3:2' the attribute move_to has the value void. So you have to find the reason why the attribute is not set for this MU.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Creator
Creator

Hello Ralf,

Thanks for the answer. But I have found that mistake by myself and i dont know why is that happening. That is why I posted in the forum with the model itself. So that if someone can help. I wonder how one of the entity can still pass and all others can not.

Regards

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Sandeep1,

I cheked your modell again and I think I have solved your Problem.

When you look at your M4_ext Method:

"m4.cont.move_to:=Palettes[1,3]"

As you can see in the Method the Blue parts are adressed to the [1,3] of the TableFile "Palettes".
So when youre modell stops because of the Error you can see in [1,3] of the TableFile  "Palettes", that there ist the Value "MUs.Palette:2".
But in that case the "MUs.Palette:2" is already at line2_sensor.
So instead of putting the Part on the correct Palette ("MUs.Palette:4"), the robot tried to put the second blue part on the "MUs.Palette:2" due to the false recognition of the Palette in the Third line at the TableFile "Palettes". 

So as a conclusion there were too few Variables "Palette-, Palette2-, Palette3 = (?)".
As a possible solution I added an extra Variable "Palette4 = (?)", so the TableFile "Palettes" can identify the Palettes for every Sensor.

I hope I was able to help you
Regards
David

Creator
Creator

Hi David, 

Thanks for the answer. It is workingSmiley Happy