Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchable transporter distance

Pioneer
Pioneer

Dear all,

I want to start a method when a transporter almost reaches his targetposition (1.5 meter before), as I tried:  'waituntil transporter.FrontPos = transporter.TargetPos -1.5meter'. These transporter attributes are not watchable, is there a smart way to kind of define a method that can watch the position of the transporter? Is there a kind of wait function that can do this?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Niek

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Watchable transporter distance

Phenom
Phenom

There are several ways :

you can set a track sensor 1.5 m before targetpos.

or calculate the transport time until it reaches the targetpos -1.5 m

to  set an according wait statement before you stop the transporter.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you for your reply!

It is difficult to work with sensors because the targetpos can change. I thought about the second option as well but I find it not a satisfying solution.

Is there maybe a way of creating a loop with GetAttributeValue of the transporter? Once this reaches a certain distance, you can trigger a method?

Kind regards,

Niek

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Why not set the target position 1.5 me earlier? And the insert one that lies 1.5 m further down the way?

BTW, the transporters already slow down on time when approaching the target position, if deceleration is activated.

Gert Nomden
Digital Factory Consultant
cardsplmsolutions.com

Pioneer
Pioneer

thank you for your reply!

It is a bit diffucult to explain, a transporter has a variable target and a parallel process should start a fixed distance before reaching the target. I find it difficult to explain, I am sorry.

I have fixed it now by updating (each 0.1s) a variable that shows Transporter.frontPos, if this variable reaches the range of the fixed distance to the target, a boolean is set to true which triggers the parallel process to start. It is not a nice way of doing things but for my case it works now.