Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Worker Chart--service wise statistics

Legend
Legend

Hello, 

I am working on creating a library object which will give the service wise(user defined service) worker statistics. 

For example: One worker is providing setting up services to Milling, Hobbing, Lathe and Grinding machines. So I want to see, out of the total time worker setup, how much time was spent on milling, hobbing, grinding & lathe. I figured broker gives the stats by user defined services, but its hard to understand the terminology. It becomes more tricky when you add shiftcalendar to the model. 

Can any one explain me what does it mean by Dwelling time and Mediation time in Broker statistics.  Also if anyone has already worked on such thing, i request you to please send me the model. 

Sachin
4 REPLIES

Betreff: Worker Chart--service wise statistics

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hi Sachin,

I assume you've already checked out the documentation for "serviceStat"? If these explanations are not sufficient, could you specify your question?

• Dwelling Time: Count how often the service in this row was procured, i.e., how often the Exporter/Exporters stayed at the importer/importers.
  • Mediation Time: Count how often the importer/importers were waiting for the procurement of the service in this row.

So dwelling time is when the service was performed by a worker, and mediation time is when e.g. a station had to wait for a worker/service.

Hope this helps, regards,
Alex

PS: I've done similar things, but I cannot hand out models we built for our customers. I did not use the Broker-Service-Statistics, but collected all service-statistics manually --> so it probably wouldn't help you anyway...

Legend
Legend

Hi Alex, 

Thanks for the reply. I have gone through the documentation, but was little confused when i did the math -->  (dwelling time + mediation time /= Total Working Time). 

If I understand you correctly, this is not the waiting time for  getting assignment. Its the waiting time when operator get the assignment but it cannot work as it is working on some other machine.Is that correct?

1. So i believe  --> (dwelling time/totalWorkingTime) *100, should give me the the total time the service was procured. and remaining is the waiting time where operator was not even assigned any task. 

2. Basically i know the answer for this question, but just want to double confirm with you---> is there any way to give this stats individual wise. In my question i had one operator providing services, but let us say i have 2 operators providing these services but the broker stat only give the total time of providing the sevices. It doesnot give stats individually. 

Sachin

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Yes, the mediation time should be the time where a service is required by an importer, but cannot be procured, because all workers offering that service are busy elsewhere (what I'm not sure about: while they are on breaks, does that count as mediation time...?).

Your number 1. seems correct to me.

Regarding your number 2., I hope that's true, or else I made myself a lot of unnecessary extra work by collecting the service-statistics for each worker individually by myself Smiley LOL As far as I know the broker will only show the cumulated statistics for each service, so if you have 2 workers offering the same service you won't be able to determine which of them was busy for how much of the time individually.

Also I think you need to pay attention if >1 workers/services are required by one importer (e.g. 2 workers for setup), I'm not sure how the statistics are evaluated in that case, so best try it in a simple example model.

Sorry for the bad news :-( But maybe some Siemens-guy/girl or Steffen B know some hidden tricks...?
Alex

Legend
Legend

Thanks Alex for your insights, looks like I will have to do it the hard way. 

Sachin