Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worker Problem

Builder
Builder

I am not able to solve a very general problem faced by using the worker.

I have 2 buffer and machine. The worker carries the parts from buffer to the machine. When the part arrives at buffer 1, the worker picks one part and drop to the machine and then move to second buffer and picks up one part from there. My problem is that the workers must empty all the parts from buffer 1 and only then it should go to buffer 2. but in reality the worker pick one part from buffer 1 then move to buffer 2 then again to buffer 1. The worker can carry only one part at once ,so I cannot increase capacity.How I can control this behaviour ? can anyone help ?

5 REPLIES

Re: Worker Problem

Phenom
Phenom

why don't you lock the exit of buffer2 until buffer1 is empty and vice versa ?

Builder
Builder
In reality, I have many buffer and the process is Random, there is no fixed sequence , the workers can go to any buffer from any buffer. It is very difficult to use exitlocked. I was wondering if there is any method to make the worker finish the part carrying at one buffer and then only go to the next task.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

By setting a dwell time, the Worker will wait for more parts, provided that it has sufficient loading capacity. But then it remains a sequential process. If you can use a ParallelProc to model your buffer, then multiple MUs may request transport services at the same time.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Builder
Builder
Hallo Nomden,

parallel proc seems like a good option. In general if i try with parallel proc, it solves my problem but in my model the workers still behave in the same way. it picks one part from 1st parallel proc and then go to 2nd parallel proc to pick up part from there and then come back to 1st parallel proc to pick up the 2nd part. I am not able to understandt that why it bahves the same way also in the parallel proc. do you have any idea ?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

In general, the Workers gets its jobs assigned in sequence (FIFO). But, if there are several MUs waiting at the puck-up point, it should pick them up simultaneously. See the example. Make sure the Worker has enough capacity to carry the waiting MUs.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com