Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worker Statistics

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I am facing the following issue in Plant Simulation 12. Let me know if anybody has a solution.

Issue - When operator has  part to load it on a machine which is already processing another part, that time simulation stops.

Following are the reasons:

1. Operator do not load the part on that machine because machine is already processing the part or it is busy. Machine can process one part at a time.
  2. The part which is processing on the machine is not unloaded by the operator after process finished. Operator has capacity of two parts.

In real situation, operator wait till the machine processed the part, after that he unload the part by using one hand and load the other part by other

I have written a custom logic in the entrance control of the workplace, where operator waits till the current process is finished. The model is running fine but when when we see the statistics of the operator in the running simulation or at the end of the simulation, it is showing that operator is waiting most of the time.

Although, the operator is working continuously.

After than I recorded the operator activities to see the correct statistics, which is different from the statistics of dialog window of the operator.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Worker Statistics

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have attached the model for your reference..

Go through

Regards

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for the reply Sujith123...

Unfortunately I could not view the model that you have shared as we are using Plant Simulation v12.

Can you share the model in version 12?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello ,

in the posted model the automatic worker mediation and loading/unloading will be disturbed by own moving of the MU. This leads to wrong worker statistics. We have improved the calculation of the worker statistics in the soon available version 13.0.1.

Attached you will find a model for version 12.0 with two possibilities to solve the problem with depositing one part at a dummy station. 

Kind regards

Karola

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

The condition is slightly different in the simulation model that we have built.

The worker has part when he arrives at the station; he unload the processed part and load the part which he is carrying. At times the worker has to wait till the part processing is complete. This is causing the problem.

Problem statement - "When operator has part to load it on a machine which is already processing another part, that time simulation stops."

Thanks in advance.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I got your problem, but the old version that i have is 12.2 , is it possible to open the model in your version

Experimenter
Experimenter
Yes I can install patches and upgrade it to 12.2. Do you have any solution?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have attached the model of version 12.2.