Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worker and Stair problem

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

I'm working currently with PS 13.0.

I saw this tutorial video from Siemens PLM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7J_0lXhOmk&list=PL1m1vu8_quoAaezQsacD6jO_AK8Wvnjg-&index=12

Then I built up a small model. The worker should take a part, go upstair and put this part into station.

The station, workerstation and stair are located in the same high, but the worker can't reach the upper station. 

The problem "no path from xxx to xxx" occurs. I don't know why.

Could you tell me what I should do?

You'll find the attached model below.

Thank you in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Worker and Stair problem

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Well, the workflow you saw in the video does not work as easy as that before version 14.0.

In that version, we added special functionality to the stairs that both creates special obstacles to make the entry and the exit point reachable and a path that covers the height difference.

In version 13, you need to add a footpath for that purpose. Place the first point on the start height (probably 0 or almost 0 metres) and the second point on the target height. You can set the target height directly when you define the footpath:

After you selected the footpath from the toolbox, click once for the start point and before clicking the second time, switch over to the definition dialog that should be open at that time and enter the target height in the edit control for the anchor point height. Finish that by clicking with the right mouse button.

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution
Highlighted

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

By the way: You can combine both the stairs for visual effect and the footpath for functionality by placing both one over the other and then making the default graphic group of the footpath invisible in its 3D properties dialog.

But, if possible, I would advise to use version 14.0 instead. That might save you a lot of work with that particular workflow.

Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Phenom
Phenom

It seems the 3D  worker "stair" function is available for v14.0 but not for v13.0

So here's (meanwhile) a work around for  v13.0.

Unbenannt.PNG

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi @PeterKomarek and @simulator,

thank you for your answer. 
currently I have problem with my license, so I have to work with PS 13.

I will test again with PS 14.

Smiley Very Happy