Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worker carry parts and works on them

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I have this simulation with 4 kinds of MU green, pink, blue and yellow.
When it is yellow it goes to the buffer, the others to the drain, this is done.
Thing is, a worker carry this yelow parts (one by one) from the buffer to the singleprocs and leaves it there,
when all 5 has MUs this same worker stops carrying and workr on the singleprocs, when he finishes all 5 he goes back to carryin again and so on.
I am using 5 single procs because I might need the distance that the worker walks.
How do I achieve this behaviour? Any help with SimTalk is appreciated.

Thank you all in advance

3 REPLIES

Re: Worker carry parts and works on them

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello,

attached is your model with a couple of methods added that accomplish this task. These methods are included as entrance and exit controls for the buffer and the stations in your model. Another crucial point here was to define where the worker is carrying the part to next and what station the worker is working on next. This is done with the global variable i in the model and the entrance and exit control of the buffer.

Kind regards,

Igor
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi guys,
I have another doubt about this model, here I have one worker doing the job, but in real life the worker also drives a forklift.
The Worker/forklift takes the blue, pink and green parts away (culd be to a buffer and then to a drain) and when the part is yellow he puts it on those 5 procs,
when all 5 are full, he parks the forklift and goes working on the 5 yellow parts, when finished hi takes the forklift again and so on.
Is it possible to simulate something like this? As far as I know I can't load a worker on a transporter. If I have the worker waiting on the workerpool while the forklift works it interfere on Man/Hour Production and the time the worker spent working right? Since driving would be part of his job.

Appreciate any help

Thanks

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

As you stated it you can`t have a worker drive a transporter, but there are of course alternative approaches to implement that. The implementation of these depends of course on where your focus is. If it is about visualizing the procedure of the parts being transported by a forklift, you could duplicate the worker class and exchange the graphics of this duplicate to look like a forklift. Now you can have this forklift transport away your parts. You could also then include a path for the forklift to move on. The only issue would be that you are interested in the statistics of one worker eventually, so you would have to add the statistics of both objects together. Another approach is to "abstract" the process of the worker operating the forklift. So you could build into your model additional "dummy" stations that represent tasks like e.g. operating the forklift or others. This way you would eventually still get a representation of the workload and the time spent working of your worker.

Kind regards,

Igor
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution