Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worker won't leave part as expected

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hello,

Update: The station seems to be waiting for services in the same instant the worker should leave the part. It doesn't show up in the movie clip due to what I assume is a graphical glitch in the 2D-view.

I have a strange problem which probably has a simple solution. My worker carries a part from Station 1 and leaves it at Station 2. When the worker arrives at Station 2 to leave the part, the MU he is carrying becomes blocked and he won't move the part. This continues for several hours/days in the simulation until he finally (seemingly randomly) leaves the part in the part buffer where it never exits again.

I have attached a small movie clip showing my main problem with him not leaving the part properly, as posting the model would require adjustments for anonymity.

I have some logic tied to the workplace:

• Workplace Entrance Control. Simply places a part into a buffer if the station we arrive at is currently unavailable.
  • Some pseudocode:
if (Station.Full or Station.Failed) and @.cont /= VOID --the station is full or failed and we are carrying a part TO the station
	@.cont.move(buffer) --move the part into the buffer
end

There are other stations and buffers with workplaces working exactly according to this logic and they all work, the only difference with this specific problem station is that it has a failure profile (the rest have no failures). So I am wondering if it has anything to do with this, however as you can see from the movie clip the station is not failed when the worker tries to leave the part. Also disabling the failure profile does not solve the issue.

I also don't understand why the station is waiting for services after the worker tries (but fails) to leave the part to the station.

The station we try to leave the part to does not have its entrance blocked.

There is no loading/unloading time on the workplace.

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong?

I am running Plant Simulation V13.2.2.1177

Thank you.

4 REPLIES

Betreff: Worker won't leave part as expected

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello 7Seg,

can you please provide the simulation model?

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Solution Partner Legend

Unfortunately not in public (this forum) - is GTAC my only option in this case?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello 7Seg,

you can directly sen the model file to

guido.gross@siemens.com

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Solution Partner Legend

I think I found a solution to the problem.

The station the worker was to leave a part to was set to automatically setup _only_ when the station is empty. This caused the worker to be unable to unload the part to the station since he simultaneously needed to setup the station when it was empty.

Switching some logic around I have managed to come around the problem.