Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workers waiting in worker pool

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello community memebers,

I have a problem related to workers. The workers wait in the worker pool until the source has produced the desired number of parts and are stored in the buffer. I want that as soon as the first part enters the buffer, the workers should start working. How shall this problem be solved ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Niks

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Workers waiting in worker pool

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Niks,

the workers are generated by Init, in other words at the time 0.0000.

After the first request of a service by an importer the worker starts to work.

Of course, there is a waiting time of the worker from the time 0.0000 and the arrival of the first part at the importer.

Please see the method worker.StatServicesWaitingImpPortion.

In an entrance control of the importer you can reset the statistics of the worker:

if ?.statnumin = 1
.Resources.Worker:1.initStat
end

Regards,

Peter 

Re: Workers waiting in worker pool

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

A buffer is not designed to utilize a service (except "Carry Part Away"), so no worker can be requested to start working there. Only station, parallelstation, assemblystation and dismantlestation are providing the importers utilized to request services, which means you have to introduce objects of this kind. Besides this I just assume you want to make the workers beeing available at the station in the moment the part arrives (avoiding to wait for the walking time to be consumed first). This requires utilizing methods including a goTo statement for the worker:

2018-08-29 10_27_27-Tecnomatix Plant Simulation Help.pngBe aware of becoming responsible for additional tasks by enhancing the worker behavior this way.

Regards

Always consider using the AttributeExplorer!