Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working on assembly line

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

i have one question.

I tried simulate working operators on the moving assembly line.

Example:

10m long conveyor and there are 2 operators.

1. Operator has 5 meter for his job and 2. Operator has 5 meter for his job. 

I can not figure out how to simulate working process to moving MU.

I tried duplicated MU from line to singleproces but i am not satisfied with this solution.

Is there any "simple" solution for this? 

Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Working on assembly line

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi,

Here is an example. The SingleProc has both a processing time and a recovery time; it also calls a Worker for processing.

Usually, we do not model these processes with very much detail, because the additional events (Workers moving around between positions) will not really change our conclusions.

Gert Nomden
Digital Factory Consultant
cardsplmsolutions.com

Experimenter
Experimenter

thank you very much for reply but i forgot one important thing. I am using Tecnomatix 12.0.0.

Highlighted

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

The Worker is triggered by S1. There are 2 sensors on the line: the first one starts the work, the second one moves the dummy MU. There are no movements of the Worker in the example.

Although you can send a Worker to a specific Workplace using the goTo() command, this will not really help you to get proper statistics. When a Worker is processing something, you cannot send it to another place in the meantime. Hence, having a Worker walk around the screen is only for nice visuals; with some trickery you can get it to look nice for sure.

Gert Nomden
Digital Factory Consultant
cardsplmsolutions.com