Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workplace at parkposition

Legend
Legend

Hello,

I like to have a workplace (parkslot) in front of a buffer to move parts into a product line (IN).

There will be another buffer with a workplace to retrieve part from the product line (OUT).

FInally 2 parking slots are in front of this product line.

The IN workplace has multiple supported services, it brings raw material (one carrier) and also parts which return to this line (6 carriers).

Currently multiple carrier move to this workplace and stay there to drop their parts.

This is physically not possible on the real installation.

How can I lock this workplace if there is already one carrier waiting to the drop his parts.

Kind regards

Marco

6 REPLIES

Re: Workplace at parkposition

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
I don't understand your problem enough to advice. A little model would help.

Regards

Always consider using the AttributeExplorer!

Legend
Legend

Hello,

thanks for your reply.

I setup a simplified model based on what I am currently working on.

I have parkspot (IN) at PickAndPlace1 (Cell1). The 2 carriers come here.

The orange one (1 device) brings the raw materiel. The blue one (4 devices) returns the part from PickAndPlace2 (Cell2) back to Cell1. Cell1 make a preparation and a finalization work. The robot is used twice.

All carriers will line up at the PS_PP1_IN.

Kind Regards

Marco

Siemens Phenom
Ok, guess to have a sufficient understanding now. As soon as a worker has picked a part he will perform the transport (default behavior) and walk to the target station, therefor you have all the workers waiting in front of you PS_PP1_IN. According to your demand you will have to implement a kind of a MFC (material flow control) which makes sure the worker to follow your (non default) rules. A simple approach to do so would be to utilize the exitCtrl of your *_OUT and only to @.move after your preconditions for performing the transport are fulfilled. Most likely your demand is more complex, so you will have to consider i.e. priorities in case of competing parts (targeting for the same station), ... In any case you will have to take over the responsibility for requesting the workers, you´ll not be able to stay with the default behavior.

Regards

Legend
Legend

Hi again,

so I add a code like this in the exit of the sending device:

var bParkSlotFree : boolean;

bParkSlotFree := not ParkSlot_PP1_IN.occupied;

waituntil bParkSlotFree prio 1

@.move

The system runs this code as long as the received parking slow is free. ( I run using a breakpoint at "@.move')

Once it's occupied, the scan stops. The error is 'Cannot watch expression'.

Regards

Marco

Siemens Phenom
A local variable (just defined inside the method) can't be watched. you need to use a global variable-object or a variable defined as an attribute of an object.

Regards

Legend
Legend

Hi,

I changes the code to directly use the variable in cause:

This works fine.

waituntil not ParkSlot_PP1_IN.occupied prio 1

@.move

Regards

Marco