Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workplace issue

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I currently have a problem with a simulation. I have two workplaces assigned to a SingleProc, singleproc have to use a workplace (and specific worker type) dependent on which entity enters the SingleProc. For example i have the SingleProc "Cons1", with workplace "Doctor13" and "Nurse1", which either have the entity "Green", "Blue", "GreenTreated" or "BlueTreated entering. I tried to write a method Occupying the rooms whether the entering. The method is:

is

do

if @.Name = "Green" then 

Doctor13.Occupied = true;

Nurse1.Occupied = false;

elseif @.Name = "GreenTreated" then 

Doctor13.Occupied = true;

Nurse1.Occupied = false;

elseif @.Name = "Blue" then 

Doctor13.Occupied = false;

Nurse1.Occupied = true;

else @.Name = "BlueTreated" then 

Doctor13.Occupied = false;

Nurse1.Occupied = true;

end;

end;

But this method seems to use Doctor13 no matter what entity. And then i havent found out how to set a worker type to a workplace? I have the worker types "Doctor" and "Nurse" and cant tell that doctors can only go to Doctor and Nurse to Nurse.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

A. K. Salk

11 REPLIES

Re: Workplace issue

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi,

If you use a Workplace you would normally use Workers or Exporters to model the staff. You can check some example models on the start page.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for the answer, but i cant seem to find an example of two workplaces for a SingleProc?

Regards

A. K. Salk

Solution Partner Phenom

Start page > Example Models > Small Examples > Resources > Worker > Teamwork

The first step is to set your model up so that Workers are called to the SingleProc and deliver their services. Once you have this part ready, you can add an entrance control to the SingleProc, to change the service requirements depending on the type of MU.

Gert Nomden
cardsplmsolutions.com

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hmm that didnt really help us, because in the example the workers are just performing different services on the same entity, we want different workplaces and worker types used dependent on the entity? Fx Doctor workplace and Doctor worker active when it is the green entity and Nurse worker and Nurse workplace active when its the blue entity. 

Regards

A. K. Salk

Solution Partner Phenom

Why not? You can specify services for each Workplace object in the table (button: Supported Services), this way you can control their usage.

Gert Nomden
cardsplmsolutions.com

Experimenter
Experimenter

But then how do i specify which entity need which service?

Solution Partner Phenom

One step at a time! If you have it working for one specific typ of MU, then you add an entrance control (before actions should be set true) with the command "MySingleProc.imp.setServices(ServicesTable)". The parameter ServicesTable contains the services for theat specific MU.

Gert Nomden
cardsplmsolutions.com

Solution Partner Phenom

One step at a time! If you have it working for one specific typ of MU, then you add an entrance control (before actions should be set true) with the command

MySingleProc.imp.setServices(ServicesTable)

. The parameter ServicesTable contains the services for that specific MU.

Gert Nomden
cardsplmsolutions.com

Experimenter
Experimenter

First of all, sorry for the long response, something else came up. 

I have made an entrance control and a servicetable (consisting of: string/Entity, Integer/Amount, String/ServiceType), but when i run the simulation i comes up with the error "Cannot change services as they're imported". What does that mean?

Regards

A. K. Salk