Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

createFailure in Plant Simulation 12.1

Legend
Legend

Hello,

Just wanted your opinion on this behaviour I encountered while using the new method createFailure. This example is not something that is possible to run, but I found the behaviour to be strange.

I tried using this piece of code:

SingleProc.Failures.createFailure("Number", 100, 50)

var avb : integer := 100
SingleProc.Failures.createFailure("IntegerAvb", avb, 50)

This creates two failures with the availability of "-1.#IND". The help says that I should be able to use either real or integer values to set availabilty. Meaning that an integer value of 100 should set the availability to 100% I guess?

Trying to manually set the failure works as intended, availability is set to 100% and the mttr is corrected to be 0 as expected.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: createFailure in Plant Simulation 12.1

Legend
Legend

Additionally,

It doesn't seem possible to specify a subtable when setting failure setting duration to cEmp?

Tried similar to this with the subtable formatted as Table[time, time, real]:

SingleProc.Failures.createFailure("TestTable", "cEmp, .Models.Frame.TestTable[1,1]")

This gets me the error: "The empirical distribution expects a table as argument."

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Currently, if you want to set the availability to 100%, you must set the MTTR to zero:

SingleProc.Failures.createFailure("Name1", 100, 0)

We will fix this, so that setting an availability to 100% will always work in the future.

You are right about the sub-tables. For empirical distributions it is not possible to refer to sub-tables.

Legend
Legend
Thank you!