cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in Kanban buffer encrypted method

Builder
Builder

Hello everyone

I am currently working with kanban tools and i got a small problem with Kanban Buffer encrypted method.

I am attaching my model could anyone help me please.

to describe briefly abou my factory 

singleproc receives parts from source then parts goes to the assembly station.

Assembly station creates new parts on the buffer next to it, then from this buffer Kanbanbuffer requests the parts, exactly at this point i am getting error.

i would appreciate any help

thank you

8 REPLIES

Betreff: error in Kanban buffer encrypted method

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello gopi,

in your simulation model you defined object buffer as supplier of object KanbanBuffer.

This is not possible.

The supplying object must be a Kanban object.

Regards

GG

Builder
Builder

Thank you very much for your reply

i changed that buffer to kanbanbuffer, but it is not moving the parts eventhough parts are requested by another kanabanbuffer.

Is it okay to create parts directly on Kanban buffer?

best regards

Gopi

Siemens Phenom

Hi Gopi,

In your model, there should be a KanbanSingleproc at the end of the line. The KanbanSingleproc creates requests for parts according to its setting.

Typically the KanbanSingleProc request parts from a KanbanBuffer which requests parts from another KanbanBuffer and so on. The last KanbanBuffer then requests parts from the KanbanSource.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

GG

Builder
Builder

thank you very much.

I got your point but in my model after the assembly parts should change, they will no longer will be the same as the source produces.

please have a look at my model once

any Suggestions how to model such scenarios

Siemens Phenom

Hi Gopi,

First, it is not a good idea to create MUs by method on KanbanBuffer1. The KanbanBuffer does not recognize that there are MUs and so requests of KanbanSingelProc1 can not be fullfilled.

Use a different setting of the assembly station: Exiting MU: New MU. This will create automatically new MUs. These MUs will arrive at KanbanBuffer1 so this buffer can recognize this.

As far as I understand your simulation model, KanbanSingleProc can be replaced by a KanbanBuffer? I'm not quite sure if I understand the functionality of you model correctly.

regards

GG

Builder
Builder

Hello GG

Thank you very much for your time.

Regarding Assembly station, you suggested newMu but i have to create 3 new Mu's,How is this possible?

Regarding KanbanSingleproc replacement with kanbanBuffer, If i replace it with buffer there is no object which is requesting this Mu's because after the assembly Mu's should change.

I am attaching sample scenario without kanban tools and i want to model it using Kanban.

In that model please assume exit as Singleproc which initiates the whole process. To explain this model briefly  every station requests raw materials from source after processing they creates new Mu's (as output of that process) on the Buffer next to it.then they goes to the store and from store assembly stations receives the parts and finishes the final product.

Could you suggest me how can i model such scenarios using Kanban, i am doing my academic project and struggling to figure out how to do it.

Thanks

Best regards

Gopi

Siemens Phenom

Hello Gopi,

in your simulation model I added a frame (Frame1_GG) where i created a line as I understood your model.

Have a look at this model, this may help you.

regards

GG

Builder
Builder

Thank you very much for your valuable time.

It gives me little hint how could i do whole model. But I wanted to show mainframe as the output of assembly station , here we are moving it from kanbansource (as an input). 

Nevertheless i will try it my taking your valuable suggestions. Thank you 

best regards

Gopi