Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import from teamcenter to plant simulation

Creator
Creator

Hello,

I'm a new learner about the plant simulation and i don't know if i import the data from teamcenter to plant sim correctly. I follow an instruction: 1. i assemblied the product data, process data and workarea data via Collaboration Context. 2. I export the CC as Object files and selected the plant simulation interface. 3.I opened the plant sim and then open the teamcenter interface, login my teamcenter,  imported the data by selecting the relative application interface and sync.But after that i found nothing happen, i don't know what's the matter with the plant simulation. So anyone can tell me if i import the data correctly?

Thanks for your time! 

10 REPLIES

Re: import from teamcenter to plant simulation

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hello Julian.

As usual, please share which Plant Simulation and Teamcenter version you use.

Do you get an error message when you try to import the Teamcenter data?

When you try to import the Sync in step 3, do you see the App Interface and Sync that you created in step 2? If so, then you completed steps 1 and 2 successfully.

In step 3, you need to specify two entries in the lower part of the Import tab:

1. Directory: this is the directory where JT files will be placed. If you specify a relative path (like the default 'Teamcenter'), then the directory will be created at the location of the model file. Please save your model before you import.

2. Table: this is the Table object that will contain the imported data.

Do not forget to press the Apply button before you click Import!

If the data import succeeded, i.e. if you didn't get an error message, please check the directory and the table that you specified. You should find the data you are looking for there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Creator
Creator

Hi TimoS!

Thank very much for your answer!

The version of the Plant Simulation is 13.0.5 and the Teamcenter is 11.2.3.

I followed what you said to import the data, i specified the default path of directory (Teamcenter), and i specified "test" to the box of Table. When i import the data, the Plant Simulation told me it cant find the files "test". But i also can find the jt files, a plmxml file and a xml file in the "Teamcenter" folder.

My objective is to simulate in the Plant Simulation with the data from Teamcenter , so how should i deal with those data?

Thanks for your time!

Best regards

Teamcenter 11.2 is supported with Plant Simulation 13.0, but I still recommend you upgrade to a newer version of Plant Simulation if possible.

If I understand you correctly, I think you didn't enter a valid object for Table; is the Table edit box displayed with red background?

Please try the following: In the Toolbox, select the Information Flow tab. Click on the TableFile icon (the third object, the sheet with the two red lines), and insert a TableFile object into your model. Click the '...' button at the right side of the Table edit box. It should show you a list of all TableFiles in the model. Select the one you just added and click OK. Now the Table edit box should be displayed with white background. Click Apply and repeat the Import action.

If everything works, then the data should end up in the TableFile object you added. It will be organized in layers of sub-tables. You can then process this data with SimTalk.

Please note, the format of the data in the table was significantly simplified and improved in Plant Simulation 14.1. Again, I recommend you upgrade to this version if you want to process Teamcenter data.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creator
Creator

Well, i will try to upgrade the Plant Simulation.

I create a Table icon and select it in the box of Table. But i cant find any data in the table beside except the root and a "x" after i importing the data. i have checked the stylesheet, the content and the path are both correct. So what is the problem with the table?

Thanks you very much! ! ! ! ! ! !

Like I said, the data is structured in layers of sub-tables. When you see an 'x' in a table cell, please double-click it to open the sub-table.

In SimTalk, the table cell will contain an object that is a TableFile itself, which you can continue to process.

Creator
Creator

Thank you very much!

I want to ask for one more question. If it is possible to simulate in 3D model directly with the data from Teamcenter?

Thanks for your time!

I'm afraid there's no OOTB solution to process the data from Teamcenter.

A general set of SimTalk methods that 'automatically' convert this data into a simulation would be next to impossible anyway. Every customer has their specific modeling, structures, hierachies, workflows, custom types with special meaning, etc in Teamcenter, so you need an individual solution for your data.

Creator
Creator

Thanks for your time to answer my questions, i learned a lot. Thank you!

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello Julian,

Teamcenter Manufacturing provides a structured planning and data organisation structure.

You can store and connect/link many data items like machines, processes/operations and parts

to each other. Dependent on the fill degree and usage level of these data structures there will be many possibilities for setting up a simulation model using the SimTalk coding language.

This is what Timo already mentioned. As most of the relevant date form Teamcenter is downloaded to the Plant Simulation table file, you can start and work with that data.

You can create station objects in your simulation model and pass for example process/operation data to the attributes of a created machine .

It is also possible to load the jt graphic for having the same look&feel for a machine. You find a jt-link in the table file in case you requested the jt-files from Teamcenter.

One of the obvious and most visible topics is reusing a 3D machine and conveyor layout stored in Teamcenter. For this use case we are working on a demonstrator that can be used for standard TC Manufacturing data sets, making life easier for this topic.

Using the Plant Simulation core functionality customer specific model creator tools will grow and support repeated and automated model creations in future.

Best Regards

gepi